MLB Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Michael

Big Papi definitely deserves it 100%, glad to see him get in!

As for Bonds and Clemens, it's a shame. Those guys were hall of famers even without the PEDS. If it were up to me I'd let them in anyway. Don't fault them for MLB's lack of enforcement just because they were making billions off of it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Nah there was a claim from a single source but he never tested positive or had any other proof of it otherwise. 

Clemens

Bonds

Sosa

also never tested positive. 

Ortiz supposedly popped in the test that lead to testing happening though. 

Clemens, Bonds and Sosa never were floated in those test results.

Just saying. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Clemens

Bonds

Sosa

also never tested positive. 

Ortiz supposedly popped in the test that lead to testing happening though. 

Clemens, Bonds and Sosa never were floated in those test results.

Just saying. 

Yep.

Ortiz got in because the media loved him. Complete double standard and further evidence that HOF voting is a joke.

To be clear, I absolutely think Ortiz should be in the HOF, but the fact that he's in and Bonds and Clemens aren't is asinine. Heck, even Manny only got 28 percent of the vote, and I would say he's more deserving than Ortiz.

Edited by Valid
  • Like 1

Ortiz got in because his test result was supposed to be anonymous and that was the only blemish on his career. I'm assuming the fact that it was anonymous means they never really felt they had proof he was dirty. 

Bonds admitted in the Balco scandal to taking things, although he thought they were legal supplements.
Clemens got caught having stuff shipped to his house, and Brian Mcnamara outed him as using supplements to keep up in the 90s when Boston gave up on him.

Sosa got caught with the corked bat, and in the end he supposedly also failed the same test Ortiz did. I think between the corked bat, the 1998 race with McGwire (who admitted it years later) he just didn't have any public trust.

Either way, this is good news for Rolen and Helton, those PED votes are bound to trickle down to them and they deserve to be in. Arod's coffin got closed last week, its just going to take 9 more years to finish that processs. If Bonds, Clemens and Sosa didn't get in because of the suspicion, Arod's suspension and being caught twice will never get him in.

“We had DNA evidence in the Clemens case, with Clemens’ DNA and an anabolic steroid within a needle that was used to inject him,” said Novitzky. “And contrary to Bonds’ defense narrative, his use of PEDs was more than rubbing on ‘The Cream’ and taking a few drops of ‘The Clear’ under his tongue. The BALCO and MLB testing records reflected Bonds’ use of multiple doping substances, from 2001 through 2006, including injectable anabolic steroids, injectable human growth hormone, post cycle therapy drugs and amphetamines.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianred/2020/12/03/former-feds-say-barry-bonds-and-roger-clemens-steroid-evidence-indisputable/?sh=45b153fb7baa