The Fire Kim Ng Thread

On 7/21/2022 at 5:23 PM, hovertical said:

I think we should be more concerned if he actually cares

give me some speedy dudes who can get hits and steal bases and intersperse that lineup with 2-3 guys who can hit 20+ home runs a year and i'll give you a fun and productive lineup.  so fucking sick of building around .220 hitters who MIGHT hit 20 homeruns and clog the basepaths because they're turtle slow.  also, if you have a guy with zero power, he better be able to at least hit or have some serious wheels in order to remain on the team.  I'm looking at you Stallings.

I’m late to this party but I have never understood why we always go for power in our ballpark.

1 minute ago, AeroFishOne said:

I’m late to this party but I have never understood why we always go for power in our ballpark.

because we've been trying to emulate the Yankees for ages - but without the money and playing in a park twice the size. They seem to think that if you have a guy who can hit a ball 470ft it'll bring people to the park even if that person only does it once a month and bats  below .200 the rest of the time.  I'm using a tiny bit of hyperbole here but it's honestly not far off from their approach and logic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Something that crossed my mind, I wonder how much of hiring Ng was a Jeter (and possibly Denbo) call as opposed to Sherman. I'm saying that with Jeter gone maybe Sherman is actually more open to replacing Kim than we think? 

Ng was Gary Denbo’s fault, we’ve already established this. 

In all seriousness - without any jokes, snark, or puns.  Ng needs to go.  She is not cut out to be an MLB GM.  MAYBE she could get by on a team that is absolutely loaded that can almost self-manage but she is CLEARLY NOT the GM for the Marlins.  I know some people will say she's only had one full season but she had most of the offseason following the playoff run in 2020 as well to identify needs and make appropriate signings and she's failed.  I also believe that since both Jeter and Denbo have now left it's clear that the bizarre moves and/or lack thereof IS entirely KIM NG's doing. 

She needs to go and needs to go as soon as possible as she has done NOTHING to help this organization in the two offseasons and what will be two regular seasons coming up soon now that the deadline has passed and the Marlins are out of it.  She's dead weight right now. The deadline was her last shot and she sat on her hands and made one tiny trade. 

Get her out of there.  Take the PR hit. It's not like the Marlins will have fewer fans because of it.  Seriously.  She's been that atrocious at this job. i'm shocked and surprised she was/is this awful but it is what it is. She doesn't have the fortitude to be a MLB GM. 

Fire her. 

Yesterday.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I know some people will say she's only had one full season but she had most of the offseason following the playoff run in 2020 as well to identify needs and make appropriate signings and she's failed. 

It's not just about seasons or time anymore either, I see it as key moments... trade deadlines, offseasons, etc. She continously fails. I was skeptical about pushing her out already because, while I hate the excuse, truth is rarely are GMs judged so quickly as building a team can take some time... but as she fails hurdle after hurdle I'm already good with replacing her. I'd assume she finishes the season and then I wanna believe Sherman has to question this thing sooner rather than later. Remember she was a Jeter hire, wouldn't shock me if Sherman has no problem canning her. 

5 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

What did you expect her to do? The blue jays trade was good and she didn’t sell Pablo. 

get rid of a lot of guys that clearly aren't part of the next few years of the Marlins - or shouldn't be anyway if they're serious about actually fielding a contending team. 

• Like 1