Gammons on interest in Laureano

Admin

Good that they're still trying to fix this glaring issue?

Good that they're trying to improve while  still in a fairly reasonable spot in the standings and not just giving up?

Good on Kim for at least still showing effort with the limitations Sherman has put on her?

Too little too late?

Does it even matter anymore?

Is it even worth it?

Would this guy really make a difference?

Is this "the right move" but then it's gonna backfire anyways in typical Marlins fashion when some bad luck injury pops up?

Is my wife ever gonna give me some action again?

Who the hell knows what to think anymore?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

The comments are so stupid on this tweet. Gammons says they're doing something and people respond saying they're not doing anything. Believe me I'm as skeptical and frustrated as ever these days but it's like a literal contradiction to the tweet. 

"Today is Thursday" "Pfft yea right today is Sunday"

where does our current CF play if they get Laureano?  Unless Aguilar is part of the trade going back for some reason?  I hope they don't move Cooper as he's the best pure bat we have on the team and is perfect in the DH role full-time where injury risk and his sub-par defense is almost negated.  They really need to hope someone is willing to take Soler (ain't nobody taking Avi) to clear up some of the log jam they have in the OF. 

I know @MarlinsLouwill disagree with me here but I don't think getting Laureano really does much for us overall though considering we need a high end bat and an actual closer (plus a new manager) and he doesn't really fit any of those things.  If they were somehow able to move Soler and Aguilar off the team then sure, sign me up but as-is I don't think Laureano moves the needle enough to have much of a meaningful impact by seasons end to get us into the playoffs and this will just take away valuable prospects that should be used for a bigger, more impactful piece.

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

where does our current CF play if they get Laureano?  Unless Aguilar is part of the trade going back for some reason?  I hope they don't move Cooper as he's the best pure bat we have on the team and is perfect in the DH role full-time where injury risk and his sub-par defense is almost negated.  They really need to hope someone is willing to take Soler (ain't nobody taking Avi) to clear up some of the log jam they have in the OF. 

I know @MarlinsLouwill disagree with me here but I don't think getting Laureano really does much for us overall though considering we need a high end bat and an actual closer (plus a new manager) and he doesn't really fit any of those things.  If they were somehow able to move Soler and Aguilar off the team then sure, sign me up but as-is I don't think Laureano moves the needle enough to have much of a meaningful impact by seasons end to get us into the playoffs and this will just take away valuable prospects that should be used for a bigger, more impactful piece.

I wasn’t watching the game yesterday in the 9th but apparently Jesus Sanchez didn’t get to a ball that was catchable for the 2nd out of the inning.

In addition to being a solid bat (that hits lefties really well, which we suck against lefties) Laureano is an elite defensive CF’er which would improve the team a lot defensively. 

Would’ve been nice to have acquired him in the offseason instead of having signed Avisail Garcia…

Just now, Erick said:

I wasn’t watching the game yesterday in the 9th but apparently Jesus Sanchez didn’t get to a ball that was catchable for the 2nd out of the inning.

In addition to being a solid bat (that hits lefties really well, which we suck against lefties) Laureano is an elite defensive CF’er which would improve the team a lot defensively. 

Would’ve been nice to have acquired him in the offseason instead of having signed Avisail Garcia…

Here's my other issue with Laureano....the dude is seemingly always injured and you also have to wonder how much of his 2019 season was due to the PEDs? 

Here's his career stats...note how few games he's actually played in...granted his WAR indicates he's well above replacement in the limited time he's in there but he simply doesn't get into a lot of games in most seasons. And again, for a guy coming off a PEDs suspension and is currently underperforming with his bat - you gotta wonder how much of his production was "enhanced" previously.  The plus defense is great but this team needs offense more than more defense currently.

Just some additional food for thought is all.

ramon.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Here's my other issue with Laureano....the dude is seemingly always injured and you also have to wonder how much of his 2019 season was due to the PEDs? 

Here's his career stats...note how few games he's actually played in...granted his WAR indicates he's well above replacement in the limited time he's in there but he simply doesn't get into a lot of games in most seasons. And again, for a guy coming off a PEDs suspension and is currently underperforming with his bat - you gotta wonder how much of his production was "enhanced" previously.  The plus defense is great but this team needs offense more than more defense currently.

Just some additional food for thought is all.

ramon.JPG

I wouldn’t give up a ton to get him, but I wouldn’t mind having him.