Burdick promoted, Jesus Sanchez to AAA

SonOfJack

3 minutes ago, MarlinsLou said:

Based on this, you are going to be right on Groshans sooner rather than later. This is quick. Good for him.

I like this seemingly sudden change of plans from being way too patient to being aggressive in promoting kids.

Hell we might see Groshans THIS year at this rate!

This is far preferred to knee jerking and acquiring whatever and not allowing the kids to play and really see what you might have so you can plan accordingly for 2023.

I'm not sure whats caused this to happen, but I"m glad it is!

3 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

I like this seemingly sudden change of plans from being way too patient to being aggressive in promoting kids.

Hell we might see Groshans THIS year at this rate!

This is far preferred to knee jerking and acquiring whatever and not allowing the kids to play and really see what you might have so you can plan accordingly for 2023.

I'm not sure whats caused this to happen, but I"m glad it is!

Maybe it's Bruce saying you have $110m so they are trying everyone out to see what riches they can sign with so much available payroll.

(This is a joke)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Or De La Cruz is finally being jettisoned.  

Yes.

The 40 man next year for bats (likely 19 guys) is this I think:

(3) C - Fortes, Stallings, Henry
(2) 1B- Cooper/Lewin/Upgrade, Johnston/Upgrade in AAA (maybe Johnston is a 40 man keep?)
(1) 2B - Jazz
(2) SS - Wendle, Rojas (they ain't getting rid of these dudes)
(3) 3B - Anderson/Berti (keep one), Williams, Groshans
(2) CF - _______, _______
(5) OF - Bleday, Sanchez, Garcia, Burdick, and we'll put Soler here
(1) TBD - _______ (I think this is likely a right handed 3B/1B type to help at 1B, but could really be anyone) 

DLC is going to have a hard time cracking this. He has options, so maybe he survives the winter and gets to spring training. I like to think a major CF is coming, and they'll take some shots on some lower end FV40 CF/3B acquisitions to build solid depth guys 14-19. To note - Nasim doesn't need to go on 40 man but may be an option midseason if the walks/defense are real.

• Like 1

• SonOfJack changed the title to Burdick promoted, Jesus Sanchez to AAA

I assume this means you have Burdick in RF, Bleday in CF and whomever in LF.  

So they will probably play Burdick in RF cause he has played there in AAA but probably shouldnt be there.

At least he wont be a lazy fuck like Sanchez in the field. 

Mind you Sanchez going down is because Sanchez EARNED this demotion with his on field play but especially with the way he has been carrying himself both on the field and apparently off the field. 

showing up shortly before one game doesn't strike me as something truly crazy if it's just ONE time.  There's probably something else to that story. Could be traffic, flat tire, personal emergency, phone died + transportation issue...all sorts of things in reality.  Oh well, happy he's FINALLY getting sent back down.  We need the version that flashed last season - not this year's version.

• Like 1

Just now, hovertical said:

showing up shortly before one game doesn't strike me as something truly crazy if it's just ONE time.  There's probably something else to that story. Could be traffic, flat tire, personal emergency, phone died + transportation issue...all sorts of things in reality.  Oh well, happy he's FINALLY getting sent back down.  We need the version that flashed last season - not this year's version.

It appears he is referencing this. Mish confirmed it with his FO source after seeing this tweet apparently.