Marlins make promotions to Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Financial Officer

SilverBullet

New President of Business Operations Caroline O'Connor makes two promotions on the business side of the organization, David Oxfeld is now the Chief Commercial Officer and Fred Koczwara is the new Chief Financial Officer...

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/marlins-name-new-executives

This is behind the scenes stuff to us, tbh most teams never even discuss this stuff publicly, but looks like both guys did a lot on the business side in the last few years and they're being rewarded for it.

The CCO focuses on "expanding commercial relationships throughout the organization, with oversight of strategic initiatives across multiple lines of business" and the CFO will "oversee accounting, tax, treasury, financial planning and analysis, investor relations and additional financial reporting and analysis responsibilities." Sounds like the CFO is the guy who is supposed to nudge Sherman and say "hey, you actually CAN afford Correa!"

Now with these two guys beside her, maybe now we can start O'Connor's clock?

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

New President of Business Operations Caroline O'Connor makes two promotions on the business side of the organization, David Oxfeld is now the Chief Commercial Officer and Fred Koczwara is the new Chief Financial Officer...

https://www.mlb.com/marlins/news/marlins-name-new-executives

This is behind the scenes stuff to us, tbh most teams never even discuss this stuff publicly, but looks like both guys did a lot on the business side in the last few years and they're being rewarded for it.

The CCO focuses on "expanding commercial relationships throughout the organization, with oversight of strategic initiatives across multiple lines of business" and the CFO will "oversee accounting, tax, treasury, financial planning and analysis, investor relations and additional financial reporting and analysis responsibilities." Sounds like the CFO is the guy who is supposed to nudge Sherman and say "hey, you actually CAN afford Correa!"

Now with these two guys beside her, maybe now we can start O'Connor's clock?

Technically they were already here, so we can't start her clock until someone new arrives.

Different sponsorships have come and gone, but they obviously have expanded that with the naming rights deals.  Hopefully they can continue to work with local businesses to bring in more revenue.

10 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

I don't care though unless they spend it. Money went into Bruce Sherman's pocket with the new TV deal and naming rights deal instead of into the product.

Well, yes, of course.  That goes without saying.  Maybe nobody ever told Bruce the money is supposed to go to the team payroll.

19 minutes ago, hovertical said:

I hope they secure a partnership with Chili's - without any significant lineup upgrades the fans will need the extra free drink to watch the mess anyway.

i assure you that's my only reasoning......

2 for $20 ain't going to get me in the ballpark.

Lol.