Jazz to play CF

Admin

If Jazz plays a decent CF, there’s no way they move him back to the infield…at least not in the middle of the season.

Would be a weird thing to do to the most valuable position player on the team. 

There’s a reason why he’s being moved to CF. It’s a long-term move. He’s athletic enough to be able to play it. Furthermore, there is no CF solution in the organization, and the CF position is probably the most difficult to fill right now in the big leagues. Upcoming free agents are not good, and there are no real trade candidates (we have no chance at getting Reynolds, realistically).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Erick said:

There’s a reason why he’s being moved to CF. It’s a long-term move. He’s athletic enough to be able to play it. Furthermore, there is no CF solution in the organization, and the CF position is probably the most difficult to fill right now in the big leagues. Upcoming free agents are not good, and there are no real trade candidates (we have no chance at getting Reynolds, realistically).

And Reynolds was the worst defensive CF last year anyways (per DRS which is cumulative, in fairness).

• Banana 1

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

And Reynolds was the worst defensive CF last year anyways (per DRS which is cumulative, in fairness).

Yeah, exactly.

I wouldn’t trade Eury + more for him, which is what it would take to get him. The Marlins aren’t going to do it either. 

Jazz is our CF’er. I think he’ll do alright.

He definitely won’t be moving back to 2B, and I doubt he’ll be moving to SS; if they felt he was the long-term SS, he’d start the year there considering we don’t really have an every day player at SS right now.

I personally agree with the move to CF. Hopefully it works out. 

8 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Whether he's good at it or not, I predict Jazz won't finish this season as our CF. Trades will eventually end that experiment.

If the team is good they'll acquire a CF qnd get Jazz back into the infield. 

Or if the team is shit they'll make trades of guys like Cooper and or Wendle and then once again it'll move Jazz back to the infield. Even if the team is good Cooper and Wendle are likely trade candidates so either way the next roster adjustment likely gets Jazz back to the IF. 

Nah.

I think Jazz will excel and be great in CF.

Besides, there arent really a lot of good CF in the game right now as it is, Jazz probably will end up being a top 8 CF in the NL fairly easily I feel. 

If he can produce at the same clip or better than last year, Marlins will have one of the more difficult positions solved for a while going forward, tbh.

Based on the Marlins roster, (really and availablity in MLB), finding a SS will be far easier than a CF.

This is what the Marlins SHOULD do

1b Arraez

2b Segura

ss/3b Groshans, Wendle, Berti ( I think Amaya will factor in at some point).  Garrett Hampson might make the roster but he is whatever, basically he isnt that good, but if he earns the spot, ride that wave until he remembers he is Garrett Hampson.

lf Soler (sadly)

cf Jazz

rf A. Garcia (cause well ya)

I dont buy that De La Cruz is going to be anything more than a reserve player as of yet, if he proves he is more, than slide him into LF and Soler to DH. 

Cooper probably is your DH but fuck I wish Sherman wasnt so fucking cheap and they go sign a Profar to play LF, move Soler to DH and trade Cooper for literally anything you can get.   

30 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

1b Arraez

2b Segura

ss/3b Groshans, Wendle, Berti ( I think Amaya will factor in at some point).  Garrett Hampson might make the roster but he is whatever, basically he isnt that good, but if he earns the spot, ride that wave until he remembers he is Garrett Hampson.

lf Soler (sadly)

cf Jazz

I dont buy that De La Cruz is going to be anything more than a reserve player as of yet, if he proves he is more, than slide him into LF and Soler to DH. 

Cooper probably is your DH but fuck I wish Sherman wasnt so fucking cheap and they go sign a Profar to play LF, move Soler to DH and trade Cooper for literally anything you can get.   

Where is Sanchez ?

7 hours ago, Das Texan said:

1b Arraez

2b Segura

lf Soler (sadly)

cf Jazz

Why would you wish that? Aren’t you a Cardinals fan? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

*shrugs*

becaause that would be best for the Marlins?

also in case you arnet aware, there are a lot of Cardinal ties now to the Marlins on the field staff...

So the Marlins are at least your 2nd favorite team?

Always knew you loved us. 

• Like 1