Jazz Chisholm, Jr. MLB the Show 23 Cover Athlete

Michael

17 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

You're both wrong. Just read the next WBC will be in 2026 so they can celebrate it as being 20 years after the inaugural WBC. Cool idea and advances the timeline a bit. 

LOL WTF.  If they want to celebrate years like that, why not make it every 5?

Just now, rmc523 said:

LOL WTF.  If they want to celebrate years like that, why not make it every 5?

They could have simply made it every four to begin with. I'm not sure why they decided 2009 instead of 2010 and went every four from there.

So should be 2026 and 2030 then. But we'll see. lol

• Like 1

You guys are overthinking the years. It wasn't some grand plan. They did three years between the first and second to get some quicker exposure out there for the thing, then went to the original plan of every 4 years like the Olympics, then since COVID knocked out the 2021 WBC it delayed the timeline. When deciding when to do the 6th WBC they realized the twenty year anniversary is coming up so they just chose to go with 2026. They'll probably go back to every four years from there. It's not any deeper than that.

36 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

You guys are overthinking the years. It wasn't some grand plan. They did three years between the first and second to get some quicker exposure out there for the thing, then went to the original plan of every 4 years like the Olympics, then since COVID knocked out the 2021 WBC it delayed the timeline. When deciding when to do the 6th WBC they realized the twenty year anniversary is coming up so they just chose to go with 2026. They'll probably go back to every four years from there. It's not any deeper than that.

That's what I said - they'll go 2030 after 2026.

I think they initially wanted to do every three years but realized it would coincide with the Olympics in 2012 and said "Wilin Rosario."

53 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Until they change it again lol.

So let's see, the plan was to go every 4 years yeah?

There's been 5 of them including this year, 6 if you include the 2026 version: 2006, 2009, 2013, 2017, 2023, 2026.

So that means only 2 of the first 6 WBCs will follow the 4- year pattern lol.

Edited by rmc523

Question, how's the difference in graphics between ps4 and ps5 on The Show? I remember when ps4 came out the difference between ps3 and ps4 graphics-wise was drastic and distracting. But I've noticed a whole lot of ps5 games still don't look much different on ps4, or at least nothing that would ruin your enjoyment on the ps4. I have no clue how this is with The Show, anyone know?

4 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Question, how's the difference in graphics between ps4 and ps5 on The Show? I remember when ps4 came out the difference between ps3 and ps4 graphics-wise was drastic and distracting. But I've noticed a whole lot of ps5 games still don't look much different on ps4, or at least nothing that would ruin your enjoyment on the ps4. I have no clue how this is with The Show, anyone know?

For MLB The Show, it just runs smoother because the hardware is beefier. I honestly don't notice much of a graphical improvement.

I believe you need a PS5 for the stadium creator feature also, which again is due to it relying on that extra horsepower.

43 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

For MLB The Show, it just runs smoother because the hardware is beefier. I honestly don't notice much of a graphical improvement.

I believe you need a PS5 for the stadium creator feature also, which again is due to it relying on that extra horsepower.

What Jackson here said.

Much smoother. I remember going from MLB 20 on PS4 to PS5 in a Road to the Show and my first game, I hit 3 homers ... lol.

55 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

What Jackson here said.

Much smoother. I remember going from MLB 20 on PS4 to PS5 in a Road to the Show and my first game, I hit 3 homers ... lol.

Thanks but I'm specifically talking graphics. I know I'm losing features on the ps4 version but if I can be sure the graphics hold up I may pick it up this year. So much less time to play but even if I squeeze in a game or two a week it would be fun as I haven't played in a couple of years. I won't be pre ordering though so I'll probably wait a couple days after release and see a few videos on YouTube to make my decision.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Thanks but I'm specifically talking graphics. I know I'm losing features on the ps4 version but if I can be sure the graphics hold up I may pick it up this year. So much less time to play but even if I squeeze in a game or two a week it would be fun as I haven't played in a couple of years. I won't be pre ordering though so I'll probably wait a couple days after release and see a few videos on YouTube to make my decision.

Graphically ... smoother. Ran much smoother.

In all honesty, it was a minor upgrade in terms of strictly graphics and how everything looked so you can stick with the PS4 for 23. No dice for 24 and on though.