Jose Iglesias SIGNS with Marlins

Admin

36 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Well, with these signings today, and assuming both players make the MLB club. This will be the biggest test yet of that classic theory (which I’m not a fan of at all and stated many times on here) that if Marlins sign players from countries that have a big population in Miami, it will significantly increase attendance.

Well, here’s a perfect chance to test that theory out. 

I mean, they're both old guys that can't be considered stars anymore. I don't think this is really a test of the theory 

3 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Well, with these signings today, and assuming both players make the MLB club. This will be the biggest test yet of that classic theory (which I’m not a fan of at all and stated many times on here) that if Marlins sign players from countries that have a big population in Miami, it will significantly increase attendance.

Well, here’s a perfect chance to test that theory out. 

Jose Abreu,  maybe.  These 2 guys at this stage in their careers? Bad example IMO.

14 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

It's not even a joke anymore how active Kim has been lately compared to her entire two years before this. 

No kidding.  I wish we had signed a Correa or other big SS, but at least we're getting some depth/backups at positions there are some questions about.

I'm very interested to see how she handles the roster IN SEASON this year, as that was a catastrophe the last 2 years.  Leaving the ML team short handed for weeks at a time...to use a @TaiwanMarlins phrase....was UNFORGIVEABLE lol.  A day-to-day guy, ok.  But guys clearly hurt and unable to contribute for weeks should be put on the IL and a replacement brought in.  Coupled with Don's bizarre unnecessary double switches, leaving the club even more short handed at the end of games, and we were in bad shape.

So, we'll see:

1a) If it was her?

1b) If so, did she learn from her mistakes over the last 2 years?

or 2) was it others in the org above/beside her (Jeter, Denbo) that collectively couldn't agree and caused paralysis, and therefore no moves.

• Like 1