Marlins to NOT Host Bartman Appreciation Night

Admin

4 hours ago, Valid said:

They created the graphic, saw the backlash and then pretended it was a mistake.

This is the Marlins' version of "my account got hacked."

I would think this is the most likely case.

Was this actually sent out via email? Or was Fish on the Farm the only ones who got it and then shared it out?

One of two things happened:

1. This was supposed to be a real thing but once the Marlins saw the backlash they tried to backtrack by saying it was never meant to be real.

2. This was a joke graphic made by the Marlins design team meant to be kept in house, but someone (likely now fired) released it as a real thing.

80% chance it's 1, 20% chance it's 2. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

1. This was supposed to be a real thing but once the Marlins saw the backlash they tried to backtrack by saying it was never meant to be real.

2. This was a joke graphic made by the Marlins design team meant to be kept in house, but someone (likely now fired) released it as a real thing.

In regard to the second one there - how many of y'all have your "peace out I won the lotto and this company is shite" emails ready if you ever win the jackpot? I've had mine ready for years ha. Sadly my chief complaints are still the same all during this time.

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

In regard to the second one there - how many of y'all have your "peace out I won the lotto and this company is shite" emails ready if you ever win the jackpot? I've had mine ready for years ha. Sadly my chief complaints are still the same all during this time.

My dream would be to win the lottery and then email my boss with just this - 

2 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

My dream would be to win the lottery and then email my boss with just this - 

I have a short list of people I know I could buy out and get them to quit for a certain amount of $$ too. I plan on paying them off and temporarily crippling my area when I leave. Even if it costs a million bucks to get all of them to leave I would feel ecstatic and it would be well worth the price of admission.

15 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

I'd say 95% chance its 1, 5% chance its 2, tbh

On 4/14/2023 at 6:05 PM, SilverBullet said:

Yo who is in charge of marketing this season lmfao

This is all weird as fuck but if it's gonna give me some stupid slogan to make fun of for each homestand I'm here for it.

I mean, we've been a joke of a franchise the last 15-20 years, why not continue the trend lol.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:12 PM, SonOfJack said:

Why would they have created the graphic if they didn't plan to have it?

I've made stupid joke graphics before, but you'd knowingly save it somewhere else (say on the desktop vs. the server) with a different name to avoid any chance of it actually going out.

So either whoever made this is a moron and didn't save it elsewhere, or 2) they actually intended to do it, which is somewhat funny, but pretty stupid.

I've made joke memes for my friends but they don't show up in my work emails so I don't buy the joke excuse. And even if that somehow happened, don't they proof read emails before sending them out? I have to assume multiple people see these emails before they go out so there's no way this was a mistake, this doesn't just accidentally get sent out.