What happened to Skip

29 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Marlins are 3 games back while next the Cubs gotta face Brewers, DBacks gotta face Dodgers, and Giants and Reds are gonna beat eachother up. There's room to gain ground if the Marlins can take a win or two from the Rays. 

The state of disarray here cannot be overstated. The SD team that kicked our ass last has lost 3 in a row since winning a series against us. And we almost got swept by the Nationals. There will be no ground gained here. At this point I'm rooting for Arraez to squeak out a batting title against a dude who not only hits the ball harder, but apparently may end up hitting the ball more frequently....

10 minutes ago, Entendu said:

The state of disarray here cannot be overstated. The SD team that kicked our ass last has lost 3 in a row since winning a series against us. And we almost got swept by the Nationals. There will be no ground gained here. At this point I'm rooting for Arraez to squeak out a batting title against a dude who not only hits the ball harder, but apparently may end up hitting the ball more frequently....

Luis just needs a day off and we all need to get laid. Then we'll start winning again.

19 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

It's the truth though.

3.5 games back of a WC spot in late August sounds pretty great to me as a Marlins fan.

If everyone here was asked before the season if they'd take being within 5 games of a playoff spot in the final week of August I don't know who wouldn't have wanted that especially when many said we wouldn't even be close to contending. 

Sure, it's great if you look at is in a vacuum, focusing only on "now".

But if you zoom out and look at it in perspective of the whole season and how much better we were doing, and how we were at one point 3 games over all other wildcard teams, it's disappointing because of the collapse.

Sure there's still hope, but it's dwindling.  3 games back now doesn't mean anything unless we start playing much better to make it "just 3 games back" mean something.  With how they've played of late, it seems like Everest.  Even just playing .500 now means we'll hover around .500 overall (which was my pre-season prediction, FWIW).

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 11:18 AM, rmc523 said:

Sure, it's great if you look at is in a vacuum, focusing only on "now".

But if you zoom out and look at it in perspective of the whole season and how much better we were doing, and how we were at one point 3 games over all other wildcard teams, it's disappointing because of the collapse.

Sure there's still hope, but it's dwindling.  3 games back now doesn't mean anything unless we start playing much better to make it "just 3 games back" mean something.  With how they've played of late, it seems like Everest.  Even just playing .500 now means we'll hover around .500 overall (which was my pre-season prediction, FWIW).

This team is finishing atleast 5 games under .500