2023/24 Off-Season

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

That's the kinda shit that got him canned the first time around too - but it was something about Koehler I want to say?

But that's why I love the man....and he ain't wrong either. Jazz can't say a goddamn thing either because THut played in MLB.

The dude needs to put up superstar production if he wants to be a superstar diva.  If he does that, I don't care about the antics.  Right now we just get the antics with half a season of ok play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hovertical said:

That's the kinda shit that got him canned the first time around too - but it was something about Koehler I want to say?

But that's why I love the man....and he ain't wrong either. Jazz can't say a goddamn thing either because THut played in MLB.

I think it was his 'negativity' especially concerning the new stadium. i heard about the players whining as well. loria didnt like any criticisms regarding the stadium. this was back when the walls were farther back and more pitcher friendly. whenever tommy mentioned something about the stadium dimensions or the homerun sculpture or anything, it offended loria. there were reports of players that also complained about his 'negativity' but hutton was here for decades and the 'negativity' to the players was never an issue till then.

2 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

no, he actually declined the 9 mil option, which was ALWAYS happening unless he could pretty much not play baseball at any effective level anymore.

$13M. There was a $4M incentive if he reached enough PA in 2023. He did. So, $13M.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Admin said:

The option he declined was 9 mil, they turned down the chance to give him 20 so I guess we need to estimate something between that.

3/45?

Eh definitely not into giving Soler three years. If that's what it will take, let him walk.

I would be okay with something like 2/25 (which he almost certainly won't take). Maybe 2/30, but even that's pushing it, given the fact that he has kind of been an every-other-year guy for a while now and can't play the field.

Edited by Valid

14 hours ago, Michael said:

It takes two seconds to find this shit, man.

image.png.7370e89f21f036b0598246391bf0dae8.png

Sportstrac has the opposite, that he earned the money in 2023 based on things he did in 2023.  

Which is how it  normally is end of day.  

If the salary in 2024 was tied to 2023, then that truly was a weird contract on many levels.