2023/24 Off-Season

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Screenshot_20240115_230715_MLB.thumb.jpg.638fce75c86a4f01ee0f8d5664ee145d.jpgScreenshot_20240115_230725_MLB.thumb.jpg.c1fa40e3f721485eff059358cd73c97d.jpg

From DeNicola's interview with Bendix for MLB.com 

So when you cut through all the usual bullshit fluff everyone spews....wait 3-5 years!

That's exactly how that came across.

Bendix will be gone. New person will come in. Then we'll get to wait another 3-5 for their vision. Cycle continues. Cheap for Bruce though. 

5 minutes ago, hovertical said:

So when you cut through all the usual bullshit fluff everyone spews....wait 3-5 years!

Bendix will be gone. New person will come in. Then we'll get to wait another 3-5 for their vision. Cycle continues. Cheap for Bruce though. 

Exactly what I was thinking while reading that.

4 hours ago, hovertical said:

1000% this is exactly what I was thinking - so we're starting over with the latest 'vision' that won't be seen for another 3 years, even if we're not having a complete firesale.

Edited by rmc523

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

1000% this is exactly what I was thinking - so we're starting over with the latest 'vision' even if not having a complete firesale.

For some reason I'm gonna bet Avi will be part of the "vision" for the next two seasons.

10 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Screenshot_20240115_230715_MLB.thumb.jpg.638fce75c86a4f01ee0f8d5664ee145d.jpgScreenshot_20240115_230725_MLB.thumb.jpg.c1fa40e3f721485eff059358cd73c97d.jpg

You sign veterans to 1-2 year deals which doesnt affect your long term growth plan while maintaining your MLB roster.  This is the bullshit you hear when someone takes over a team that finished in last or close to it.

Wasnt in the playoffs as recently as....last year.  

Bruce Sherman may be the cheapest owner in MLB.

And he has some fun competition for that title.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Maybe we should go blind then lol

Honestly, I'm really hitting that point where I don't gaf any longer with them.  That's twice in four years where they made the playoffs and then did NOTHING in the offseason - only to be given the whole "follow the vision" thing.

The whole "we don't want to be hasty" is a slap in the face to those of us who have stuck with cheap outfit after cheap outfit owning this franchise. You don't get to ask for patience when the entire fanbase has been "patient" for 20 years.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

You sign veterans to 1-2 year deals which doesnt affect your long term growth plan while maintaining your MLB roster.  This is the bullshit you hear when someone takes over a team that finished in last or close to it.

Wasnt in the playoffs as recently as....last year.  

Bruce Sherman may be the cheapest owner in MLB.

And he has some fun competition for that title.

agree here.  You can make moves without sacrificing the longer term plan - in fact, making small moves like the 1-2 year vets can actually HELP the vision by keeping your audience engaged with a better product, and/or you could trade them without affecting the long term pieces AND potentially getting additional long term pieces if things don't go according to plan that year and the team does badly.

29 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Honestly, I'm really hitting that point where I don't gaf any longer with them.  That's twice in four years where they made the playoffs and then did NOTHING in the offseason - only to be given the whole "follow the vision" thing.

The whole "we don't want to be hasty" is a slap in the face to those of us who have stuck with cheap outfit after cheap outfit owning this franchise. You don't get to ask for patience when the entire fanbase has been "patient" for 20 years.

I agree - basically the opposite approach of @TaiwanMarlins who seems to care/get upset more lol.

The abuse will seemingly continue without ever getting the promised reward.

We put faith in the new group that they'd keep their word of spending/doing what needs to be done when the competitive time came......it's here......and they still do NOTHING.

It's pathetic.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I find it interesting he says sustainable success not anything about winning. Sustainable success to Sherman is not being forced to sell while spending minimal cash.

Edited by r5812
can't english good
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Cause they’re gonna trade him lol. Arraez is such not a daddy dix type player 

"All he does is hit singles" 

But yeah, that's 💯 how Bendix views him which means he'll be traded for some "toolsy" guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

Trading Arraez and Skip walking are the two worst things that could happen here in the next year or two. Zero good messages would come from those. Indefensible and UNFORGIVEABLE. 

Might as well add in the trade of Luzardo as well to that.

• Like 1