2023/24 Off-Season

1 hour ago, Das Texan said:

The vast majority of people on here and in Marlins Twitter land it seems.

You are like me in the minority (though with an understanding of how the game works).

26 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I don't think anyone here has said the Marlins have enough pitching depth. It's the team that says it publicly but I'd even doubt that they believe that behind the scenes. If they really want to just coast this year and build for 2025 then they will even though it sucks though part of me is impressed that they haven't given in to signing any free agents. Bendix must really believe in his plan if he's sticking to it this seriously. 

Yeah, I think if anyone's talking about trades of pitching, it's more that that'd be the only potential avenue to acquire multiple bats immediately.

I'll be very interested to see what attendance does this year.  I'll track it throughout the year.   I think we'll see healthy attendance early (both because it's often decent early, and added optimism from last season), but if the team doesn't do well because they refused to do anything, then they deserve it.

3 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Thank GOD Das is here and has an understanding of how the game of baseball works. Not sure how we'd ever get through a full season without him explaining it to us! 

I could have!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iowa said:

Thank GOD Das is here and has an understanding of how the game of baseball works. Not sure how we'd ever get through a full season without him explaining it to us! 

You're welcome for the free education. 

14 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Fish have one top 100 prospect on the mlb list lol, Meyer at 57.. You know Bendix hates that.

i'm shocked MM is still ranked that high to be honest.  He didn't really do much in his limited debut and he's been out since bc of TJ surgery. 

They've been preaching sustainability since they took over 6 years ago.  I bought it the first time, as it does make sense.  And I trusted that they'd follow through with the promise to spend when the time was right.....even if not Yankees levels, just to league average perhaps?  They made the playoffs.  The time is NOW.

The only "sustainability" I see since Bruce took over is him sustaining the funds going to his pocketbook.

Why should we believe it'll be different now?

• Like 1