2023/24 Off-Season

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

They've been preaching sustainability since they took over 6 years ago.  I bought it the first time, as it does make sense.  And I trusted that they'd follow through with the promise to spend when the time was right.....even if not Yankees levels, just to league average perhaps?  They made the playoffs.  The time is NOW.

The only "sustainability" I see since Bruce took over is him sustaining the funds going to his pocketbook.

Why should we believe it'll be different now?

Yeah this right here is the dilemma because I think we all trust in the concept of sustainability it's just the constant waiting for it, having to push the timeline further down so often, and then the trust issues that arise from that. And Bendix shouldn't have to be faulted for trying to get this done especially if we could somehow be assured that he's actually got the right plan but none of this is in a vacuum and for a long time fan it's just "here we go again."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yeah this right here is the dilemma because I think we all trust in the concept of sustainability it's just the constant waiting for it, having to push the timeline further down so often, and then the trust issues that arise from that. And Bendix shouldn't have to be faulted for trying to get this done especially if we could somehow be assured that he's actually got the right plan but none of this is in a vacuum and for a long time fan it's just "here we go again."

Yup, in a vacuum, it's a good "plan" - sustainable is fine if you do the moves that get you there.

But we can't look at in that way - instead it's the 857th iteration of "sustainable" without any sustainability (or promised spending) and I'm over it.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

They've been preaching sustainability since they took over 6 years ago.  I bought it the first time, as it does make sense.  And I trusted that they'd follow through with the promise to spend when the time was right.....even if not Yankees levels, just to league average perhaps?  They made the playoffs.  The time is NOW.

The only "sustainability" I see since Bruce took over is him sustaining the funds going to his pocketbook.

Why should we believe it'll be different now?

This is essentially the 3rd brian trust in the 6 years of this ownership.

Jeter/Denbo

Ng

Bendix

Its worse than Loria with changing out players.  Fucking embarassment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Das Texan said:

This is essentially the 3rd brian trust in the 6 years of this ownership.

Jeter/Denbo

Ng

Bendix

Its worse than Loria with changing out players.  Fucking embarassment. 

Organization without the sustainable leadership wants to have a sustainable success.

1 hour ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

Organization without the sustainable leadership wants to have a sustainable success.

Let's call a spade a spade.

The chief problem of this organization is Bruce Sherman.  Its been the problem since he became owner and it was painfully clear he didnt really have the means to truly be an owner that would put winning over profits.

The day Jorge Mas didnt get the Marlins was the day you KNEW that it would a continuation of the disasterous reign of Jeff.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Das Texan said:

Let's call a spade a spade.

The chief problem of this organization is Bruce Sherman.  Its been the problem since he became owner and it was painfully clear he didnt really have the means to truly be an owner that would put winning over profits.

The day Jorge Mas didnt get the Marlins was the day you KNEW that it would a continuation of the disasterous reign of Jeff.

The thing with posts like these, from you, is that if Mas had bought the team, anytime he did anything wrong then you'd be making posts saying it would have been better if Bruce Sherman bought the team and that you knew that from the beginning.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The thing with posts like these, from you, is that if Mas had bought the team, anytime he did anything wrong then you'd be making posts saying it would have been better if Bruce Sherman bought the team and that you knew that from the beginning.

Sherman is worst so it's impossible Mas worse than him. 

18 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Don't you know?  Das is always right.  He's either right, or you're wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

no because Jorge Mas would have spent money and actually tried to put a winner on the field because he actually understands the market the team plays in.

See what he is doing with the soccer team.