2023/24 Off-Season

43 minutes ago, Michael said:

Do singles hitters still drive Fords and home run hitters drive Cadillacs or does everyone drive Lambos now?

Shut up, Das.

Listen to Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine...

Chicks dig the long ball.

So do arbitration judges.

proof that the Marlins aren’t interested in him, cause he definitely doesn’t sound like someone who’s being picky. Sign this mother fucker up NOW and trade an arm if you have to. Let’s make a god damned move!

Edited by marlinsmaniac
  • Like 1

Anyways there's a rumor of Ed to the Pirates for a trio of players. A writer had an article "prewritten" and it accidentally posted.

Ji-hwan Bae, Braxton Ashcraft, and Jun-Seok Shim were the rumored returning players.

Many Fish fans I've seen want Liover Peguero instead of Bae. Case of overrating our own players again, probably?

Ed's walk rate per statcast is literally in the first percentile. So bad.

Shut up, Das.

Feels like those are pretty lame returns for Cabrera, I wouldn't expect him to go. It's probably another case of "listening" and Pirates fans and media start speculating on potential returns and then everyone runs with those as if they're confirmed to happen.

Anyways I'd be ok with trading Cabrera but it sure seems like we wouldn't get too much for him so why bother, it'd be selling low at this point anyways.

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Feels like those are pretty lame returns for Cabrera, I wouldn't expect him to go. It's probably another case of "listening" and Pirates fans and media start speculating on potential returns and then everyone runs with those as if they're confirmed to happen.

Anyways I'd be ok with trading Cabrera but it sure seems like we wouldn't get too much for him so why bother, it'd be selling low at this point anyways.

I agree, keep him and see if we can get that walk rate up to, say, the 30th percentile or something.

Shut up, Das.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael said:

According to Mish and/or Jackson, the Marlins and Royals at the end of last season briefly discussed Eury for Witt. Briefly.

Shut up, Das.

That would've been a hell of a blockbuster

15 minutes ago, Admin said:

That would've been a hell of a blockbuster

Outside of needing pitching depth, I don't think I would have hated it. Fills an absolute need with a potential superstar, which the Royals believe he is, given the contract they just gave him.

Shut up, Das.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

Outside of needing pitching depth, I don't think I would have hated it. Fills an absolute need with a potential superstar, which the Royals believe he is, given the contract they just gave him.

Shut up, Das.

I also would have approved of them making that trade. Sherman probably found out how much Witt would require for an extension and nixed it.

• The topic was locked