Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A leak of the new jerseys

Featured Replies

  • The title was changed to A leak of the new jerseys

Sold! The black jersey with the white font is appealing to my eyes. I would buy that jersey for sure! The first time I have ever thought that since they became the Miami Marlins. I have absolutely hated all their jerseys of the past 12 years. Especially that sugar kings one. 😂

The blue I am digging as well. Just not crazy about the baseball cap in black. Now if they did the baseball cap in blue as well that would be 🔥.

23 minutes ago, Admin said:

image.png

image.png

Love the blue - about time.

The black - I still think the lettering should be blue, but it'll be better than the current all black one.

Meh.  This is lazy AF when it comes to design.  They shpuld have gone retro teal pin stripes for home and vice colors for away with Miami on the jersey.

I understand the contrast issue some have with the original black, but this looks worse. 

Fuck all the bullshit and bring back teal. Its the only thing the moron bandwagon fans that they try to win over with their bizarre Spanglish ads (like “our colores” 🤢) would actually respond to. Then when you get their attention you bring in some real god damned talent to fill out the roster. 

Outside the gigantic ADT logo looking like utter dogshit, I’m also not a fan of the change to the black. From that it just looks like a black and white jersey. Now the blue is awesome though.

2 hours ago, Admin said:

Anyone else confused by the hats not changing? Don't they suffer from the same issue as the jerseys did?

I’d imagine the white unis will still have the black text.

I also feel like on the hat, the colors are proportionally larger than they were on the jersey?   Maybe?

3 hours ago, Admin said:

image.png

image.png

Something I just noticed on the black one - if this is accurate - why wouldn’t you not flip the stripes on the sleeve so the black is at the end of it instead of blending in?

50 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

Sorry I like the black on black better. Y’all have simpleton eye for design 

That’s fine. Everyone will like what appeals to them personally. However, that isn’t nice to insult our eye for design just because it doesn’t match your preconceived notion of what is a good design. @Michael please ban him for at least 48 hrs for insulting us.

 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Admin said:

Anyone else confused by the hats not changing? Don't they suffer from the same issue as the jerseys did?

Yes and no. In theory they did suffer from the same issue but in reality I think the caps looked fine with black on black. A couple teams actually have logos that are mostly the same color as the cap and they all look fine (Brewers and Angels). There's also nothing to "read" on the cap, you just see it and know what it is. But with the black jersey someone could be watching on TV and literally not be able to read a player's name.

For the sake of matching the jersey to the cap then yes they messed up here but I think this team is one that wants one cap across the board instead of how some teams have multiple caps. 

I like the cap as is and I don't love the white fill in so I'm ok with the cap staying the same but yea it's a weird mismatch now.

6 hours ago, sun coast fish said:

Meh.  This is lazy AF when it comes to design.  They shpuld have gone retro teal pin stripes for home and vice colors for away with Miami on the jersey.

I'm sorry I just don't understand this stance. Yea a teal rebrand would have been cool sure but this wasn't about that. This is about much needed touch ups to the existing uniforms. So it's not lazy. This is not a full uniform change. 

This post is if like I just made you a sandwich for lunch and you tell me I'm lazy because I didn't cook up a full Thanksgiving meal.

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Something I just noticed on the black one - if this is accurate - why wouldn’t you not flip the stripes on the sleeve so the black is at the end of it instead of blending in?

To have a consistent stripe pattern across all their jerseys. That's the answer from a design and continuity point but yes your question is great and would make sense too. 

So my two cents all in one post... I appreciate addressing the legibility issue but going with white was a horrible choice. White is not one of their team colors so to make it the main color of a wordmark looks out of place. Obviously blue would have been a better choice and white could have been an outline color. They also could have just kept the letters black and added the white outline which is similar to how the Angels deal with their red on red jersey. 

As someone said above the white also drowns out the blue and red trim at any distance so it just looks like plain white text.

Also, how stupid are those white letters gonna look if they wear them on the road with the gray pants!?

This change to the white letters is bad enough that I'm not convinced that it's better than the black on black look which at least looked cool in some settings. But yea, now we can see it better!

I would have swapped the two sleeve patches. They're an eyesore now. They've got the white patch with the black letters and the black patch with the white letters!?

Is the road gray jersey still a thing? A few teams (SD/SEA/TB) have dropped all gray jerseys in favor of wearing colored tops on the road. 

Do we know if the prior blue jersey is still a thing for batting practice/spring training?

Come to think of it we also don't know if these new uniforms have official designations yet. Like are they for road, home, or both? Is either for BP/ST? 

I still have one request that I wish they would consider one day... the classic Marlins jerseys had the player number on the front in the bottom corner. I would love that back! It gives each jersey a unique look in the front as opposed to everyone looking exactly the same. This went away in 2012 but those jerseys had an arched wordmark so it was fine but now these newer ones have a straight horizontal wordmark and I think the number would look so great in the corner again. 

36 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

To have a consistent stripe pattern across all their jerseys. That's the answer from a design and continuity point but yes your question is great and would make sense too. 

Ugh crap I just realized the new blue one isn't consistent with the other jerseys stripe pattern so now my point about consistent is out the window and I don't know what to say. That looks like an error. Weird.

I’ll say it again. I love the black jersey with the white font on it. Reminds me of happier times as a Marlins fan..

image.jpeg.46855db29e2175f1d4877f5ce0d287fd.jpeg
 

Black and white is a great color choice and a nice throwback for me as it was part of the original Florida Marlins color scheme for a while during the mid 2000’s years.

image.jpeg.0f5e8af36e38923ba8b7f873fb151844.jpeg

 

Edited by SirFishFan

6 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

I’ll say it again. I love the black jersey with the white font on it. Reminds me of happier times as a Marlins fan..

image.jpeg.46855db29e2175f1d4877f5ce0d287fd.jpeg
 

Black and white is a great color choice and a nice throwback for me as it was part of the original Florida Marlins color scheme for a while during the mid 2000’s years.

image.jpeg.0f5e8af36e38923ba8b7f873fb151844.jpeg

 

I thought of this too but that was actually a silver wordmark, they could and should have done that with this black jersey and it would have been a callback to this and it would have looked better if they wore it with the gray pants as the Marlins did in those years too. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.