A leak of the new jerseys

50 minutes ago, Piazza31 said:

Part of the reason for teams ditching certain jerseys is the rule they can only have 4 in the rotation. Not sure how removing the blue ST and making it an official alternate affects that. Maybe we have to look at the Astros for jersey designations. I don't believe the city connects count towards the 4.

Rays - Home, Navy, Baby, Throwbacks

Marlins- Home, Black, Blue, Grey (city connect not counted)

The Marlins were over the limit that year so I'd be pretty confident saying that Nike was strongly suggesting they get back down to 5 total, I'm sure other teams were over the limit as well.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

The Marlins were over the limit that year so I'd be pretty confident saying that Nike was strongly suggesting they get back down to 5 total, I'm sure other teams were over the limit as well.

Yeah, there was a transition year when Nike took over, where I think they just slapped the nike logo on the existing designs.

The ST jerseys counted but that's why the Marlins were over the limit last year, they had 6. Dropping the teal is what gets them down to 5. The difference now is that there isn't one designated as only ST/BP anymore. The new blue one can be used during the season and I imagine any can be picked as the ST/BP ones.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, there was a transition year when Nike took over, where I think they just slapped the nike logo on the existing designs.

Yes 2024 jerseys will be the first year with completely new jerseys, like the actual jersey structure itself. It's got some differences and I can't stand them. It's weird the changes they made. 

6 minutes ago, Admin said:

Get rid of the gray or make the road grays the throwbacks. That original Florida one with the Marlin on the F. Chef's kiss for road jerseys.

They wouldn't make a road jersey a throwback.

5 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yes 2024 jerseys will be the first year with completely new jerseys, like the actual jersey structure itself. It's got some differences and I can't stand them. It's weird the changes they made. 

Oh i guess I haven't seen them fully.

MLB/Nike has mandated that spring jerseys count (stupidly) as part of the 4 plus 1 rule.  

So you will probably see numerous changes this year as I think compliance to this 'rule' is now mandatory.  

Also many franchises have set schedules for jerseys.  I know the NBA publicizes what jersey type is worn months in advance (its still weird not seeing white jerseys worn for home games)

29 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

De Nicola on MLB.com says the road grays are still in the rotation. 

See, that’s what happens when you don’t sign any new players in the offseason. They will just send the clothes out there to the mound with no pitchers to wear them.

For whatever it's worth, the explanation I heard about why the teal jerseys are out is essentially the same thing that Latimer said in the above tweet. So I'd imagine its got some truth to it and, more importantly, it's the agreed upon organizational stance when needing to explain the decision. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

For whatever it's worth, the explanation I heard about why the teal jerseys are out is essentially the same thing that Latimer said in the above tweet. So I'd imagine its got some truth to it and, more importantly, it's the agreed upon organizational stance when needing to explain the decision. 

It just proves YET AGAIN how fucking out of touch these idiots that run this organzation actually is with the community they play in are.

You cant just try something once, and then throw your hands up and say, well we tried.

You have to actually build something sustainable, you also need a star or two.  Its why I still maintain one of the worst things Jeff Loria did was sell to Bruce Sherman who is just as clueless about his home market as Jeff was.

24 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

a vast majority of organizations have set schedules around when they wear what jersey these days.

This isnt some ground breaking concept. 

I said many organizations don't have set schedules and you said a vast majority do have set schedules. Both statements are accurate and can coexist with each other. 

We're saying the same thing in different ways so not sure why my post was pointed out to supposedly be inaccurate. 

If I said many people in the world are left handed you can't just say "that's not true because many people in the world are right handed." 

This isn't some ground breaking concept either. 

Wtf man. 

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I said many organizations don't have set schedules and you said a vast majority do have set schedules. Both statements are accurate and can coexist with each other. 

We're saying the same thing in different ways so not sure why my post was pointed out to supposedly be inaccurate. 

If I said many people in the world are left handed you can't just say "that's not true because many people in the world are right handed." 

This isn't some ground breaking concept either. 

Wtf man. 

honestly what organizations dont have some set schedule of when they wear what jersey at this point in time though is the better question

Also left handed people have the devil in them.  That must be beaten out of them at an early age tbh.