2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Michael said:

So give him one with an opt out after year 1. Nice 'n' easy.

Yup, I just posted at the other place, if his market has been limited, we should offer him a 1 + option year deal (maybe with some incentives to sweeten the pot for him), and hope Mel works his magic for improvements?

Then if we're out of it this year, we can trade him for some prospects, and if we're in it, you keep him for the run.....and then if he opts out of the deal, oh well, we got that performance out of him for this year when we have a lot of innings question marks (IMO) with younger guys and injury guys on innings limits.....and then Sandy will "replace" him next year.

Just now, rmc523 said:

Yup, I just posted at the other place, if his market has been limited, we should offer him a 1 + option year deal (maybe with some incentives to sweeten the pot for him), and hope Mel works his magic for improvements?

Then if we're out of it this year, we can trade him for some prospects, and if we're in it, you keep him for the run.....and then if he opts out of the deal, oh well, we got that performance out of him for this year when we have a lot of innings question marks (IMO) with younger guys and injury guys on innings limits.....and then Sandy will "replace" him next year.

I think we should give Dan Straily a go.

Right up Bruce's alley, should be cheaper than Lorenzen!

4 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

And the funniest part about it is that only one of those teams is going to win the World Series.

Winning the WS or not, fans (not including the Marlins fans) would be happy with the big spending of their team first. 

27 minutes ago, TaiwanMarlins said:

Winning the WS or not, fans (not including the Marlins fans) would be happy with the big spending of their team first. 

Yeah I supposed.

I would be happy and extremely impressed if the Marlins have a winning record with their current team. At this point there is no way of know.. but if TA has a bounce back year and we get solid contributions from Jazz and Gordon and Bell and Burger.. could be a fun season.. again I’m paying no attention to the spring training results because more than half these guys playing won’t be on the MLB roster.. so I’m thinking this could be a fun season upcoming.. just need to trade Avi for anything.. and I will feel great about the roster.. nothing against Avi personally. Seems like a cool enough person in real life.. just something about him playing on the Marlins feels off to me.. in the same way that people like Garrett Cooper and Corey Dickerson and Wes Helms and Lewin (heh) and some others felt off.. not just because they all suck at the plate.. just something about their vibe doesn’t fit to me as Marlins players.. I don’t know how to describe it.. but well anyways.. Marlins should get rid of him and I would not care if they didn’t make any other changes to the lineup. 😂