2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Michael said:

Oi, let's be happy he's workin' on stuff, fam-dawg-homey.

I'm not even making fun, I just legit lol'd cuz I didn't expect that. The article is like "what did Jazz change to try and stay healthy for a full season..." and then I'm reading and it flat out says he stopped making daily trips to McDonalds and I about spit out my coffee. Putting the guy on blast like that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I'm not even making fun, I just legit lol'd cuz I didn't expect that. The article is like "what did Jazz change to try and stay healthy for a full season..." and then I'm reading and it flat out says he stopped making daily trips to McDonalds and I about spit out my coffee. Putting the guy on blast like that.

How does one go to McDonald's daily, especially as a professional athlete?  Like really?  You have access to literally whatever food you want, and you choose McDonalds.....every day??

And I get we all have our food vices, but that's crazy....

1) McDonalds isn't good.

2) To me, no matter how much I like something, having it every day would take away from liking it after a while.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

How does one go to McDonald's daily, especially as a professional athlete?  Like really?  You have access to literally whatever food you want, and you choose McDonalds.....every day??

Exactly. I'd say I go maybe twice a month and I still feel bad doing it. A professional athlete should absolutely not be there daily.

32 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm still stuck on the fact - of all the unhealthy faster-food type places you could eat at - especially with his income - why McDonald's?  There are far better places.

its for the shamrock shakes, he gives them extra cash to make them for him all year

37 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm still stuck on the fact - of all the unhealthy faster-food type places you could eat at - especially with his income - why McDonald's?  There are far better places.

Dude probably really loves a McGriddle.

Jazz could probably get a McDonald's endorsement deal out of this and I'm not even kidding. They have those stupid deals where they sell regular menu items under the guise of being a celebrity's favorite meal, he could easily do that. The Jazz meal and it's like 3 cheeseburgers with fries a Dr Pepper and a BBQ sauce and it's like $12.99 lmao

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Jazz could probably get a McDonald's endorsement deal out of this and I'm not even kidding. They have those stupid deals where they sell regular menu items under the guise of being a celebrity's favorite meal, he could easily do that. The Jazz meal and it's like 3 cheeseburgers with fries a Dr Pepper and a BBQ sauce and it's like $12.99 lmao

Jake Burger should do one and not have it involve a burger.

I haven't had McDonald's or Burger King since 2019 myself. Had Wendy's once last year out of sheer desperation and being the only thing open. Certainly been one of the better decisions I've made in me life.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

I haven't had McDonald's or Burger King since 2019 myself. Had Wendy's once last year out of sheer desperation and being the only thing open. Certainly been one of the better decisions I've made in me life.

McDonalds died for me when they got rid of chicken selects.

As for the others, I very rarely have them but the BK Grilled Chicken Sandwich is decent I guess.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Burger King is garbage - their fries are perhaps the worst on the planet - by far the worst of the fast food chains at any rate.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Burger King is garbage - their fries are perhaps the worst on the planet - by far the worst of the fast food chains at any rate.

Nah, people are too focused on the fries. 

The Whopper and Chicken fries are fireeeeeee.

McDonalds has shrunk the size of their patties into irrelevancy imo. Total joke.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They changed their fries a few years back and I find them pretty decent now. I like them much better than 5 Guys (which are just limp and crazy greasy) and certainly more than the worst fries you can order from fast food, In-and-Out Burger. Nothing even comes remotely close to how terrible theirs are. I'd rather eat a bowl of Magic Spoon cereal.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

BK's fries are awful but I find every other item superior to McDonald's.

McDonalds used to have the best nuggets, then they changed the recipe

25 minutes ago, hovertical said:

They changed their fries a few years back and I find them pretty decent now. I like them much better than 5 Guys (which are just limp and crazy greasy) and certainly more than the worst fries you can order from fast food, In-and-Out Burger. Nothing even comes remotely close to how terrible theirs are. I'd rather eat a bowl of Magic Spoon cereal.

Eh, I haven't been to BK in years because it was so bad.

Maybe I'll try it again one of these days, but I'm just not overly inclined to.