2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, WillyumKeef said:

Marlins don’t have the money apparently according to that article and it goes on to remind us of the wonderful fact that Avi Garcia is earning $12 million dollars this year.

Marlins should trade Avi’s entire contract to another team for a $100 gift card to Mc for Jazz. And then clear up that roster space and budget and sign JD!!!!*

*This post was inspired by @TaiwanMarlins

• Like 1
  • Banana 1

7 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Marlins don’t have the money apparently according to that article and it goes on to remind us of the wonderful fact that Avi Garcia is earning $12 million dollars this year.

Marlins should trade Avi’s entire contract to another team for a $100 gift card to Mc for Jazz. And then clear up that roster space and budget and sign JD!!!!*

IDK how much stock I put in any of the rumblings of the Marlins actual interest. Both sides play all types of games in terms of demand. But they're talking, so ill take it.

• Like 1

this was one of the more pointless pieces I've read for "Marlins News" lately.  Literally says if JD comes down to meet the Marlins asking price other teams would then become interested and he'd basically go elsewhere anyway lol

15 minutes ago, hovertical said:

this was one of the more pointless pieces I've read for "Marlins News" lately.  Literally says if JD comes down to meet the Marlins asking price other teams would then become interested and he'd basically go elsewhere anyway lol

Gotta write about something I guess.

851 times to go. I added a time due to your good point. Daddy Dix.

16 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Marlins not having the money is quite possibly the most bullshit thing ever written.

Someone needs to confront that cheap piece of trash Sherman and ask him how the Marlins dont have the money when the revenues are x.  Is he that concerned with putting money in his pocket?  or he is that poor that he shouldnt own a MLB team?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LordMagnus said:

Is AJ Puk being turned into a starter?  I must have missed something.

yes.  he was originally drafted as a starter and was a highly rated starter as a prospect at one point so the Marlins are trying to get him back into that role (much more value).

1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

Costs like $5m so obviously not happening 

Would he cost *us* that much if we got him off waivers? Am I thinking of if he gets released we only pay him league minimum?

28 minutes ago, Michael said:

Would he cost *us* that much if we got him off waivers? Am I thinking of if he gets released we only pay him league minimum?

Getting released is not waivers m8. We’d be responsible for his salary if we grab him. I’m probably wrong tho