2024 Spring Training Discussion Thread

55 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

What I’ve been saying since they brought Bendix in to begin with. 

this team does not want to win this year.

I also told people to prepare for gimmick ball, which is obviously on the horizon given the state of this pitching rotation. 

• Like 1

Also remember the sands of time are running out for Bruce to show he is actually serious about winning.

I had said way back when that if he was going to truly show he was committed to winning then he would lock up Luzardo and Arraez long term before Opening Day.....

I mean we know Bruce doesnt give a fuck about anything but padding his pocketbook so....

6 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

had said way back when that if he was going to truly show he was committed to winning then he would lock up Luzardo and Arraez long term before Opening Day.....

There was zero chance of this happening

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

That's horrible - that's where the ball is going.....what is he supposed to do?   Just let it go by?

47 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I guess Manfred would say something dumb like yes just let the player advance so that we have more action on the base paths and more scoring and more excitement as everyone competes for that piece of metal.

Something tells me this rule will get a couple of tweaks just before the season. Like this scenario if it's clear and obvious the runner would be out, no obstruction.

Get the issues out of the way now.

Couldn't build off first playoff run in decades and tread water with payroll at least. Just take a look at the Panthers crowds now Sherman, you loser.

Why should we bother watching this team? a 12 million dollar 1 year deal doesn't inhibit rebuilding the farm system.

Just give the fans here any reason not to hate this franchises guts for once

• Like 1

Y'all gonna be slobberin' Bendix' knob in June when the Mets release JD after he hits .187 with just three homers then comes here on league minimum to bat .360 with 22 homers the final theee months.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Y'all gonna be slobberin' Bendix' knob in June when the Mets release JD after he hits .187 with just three homers then comes here on league minimum to bat .360 with 22 homers the final theee months.

In AAA?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Michael said:

What drugs are you on

• Like 1

Lol @ rebuild.  It's not a rebuild, they're simply not interested in winning.  I'm done with so called rebuilds that never end in anything but the owner pocketing money.  I'm so glad I canceled my MLB.tv subscription.  I am not going to watch a single game this year and I am starting to consider abandoning this franchise altogether.  I've been a fan since I was young in the 90s and if I had a time machine I'd go back and slap the shit out of my younger self for picking this pathetic piece of shit franchise. The only hope is to either get a new owner or MLB forces them to stop with the fire sale bullshit.  But that's not gonna happen.  This franchise has really soured me on baseball as a whole.  Fuck Bruce Sherman and fuck the Miami Marlins for even existing.

• Sad 1
  • Banana 1

13 minutes ago, LordMagnus said:

I've been a fan since I was young in the 90s and if I had a time machine I'd go back and slap the shit out of my younger self for picking this pathetic piece of shit franchise.

Did you grow up in South Florida?

The reason I’m asking is because if you were a youngster and growing up around Miami then it was just par for the course to become a Marlins fan.. so don’t be too hard on yourself.

Now on the other hand.. if you had grew up in some other state or city or country and just liked the Marlins because they had a cool teal swordfish-looking logo. Than yeah.. you should be ashamed of yourself. 😂

Just kidding.. hey I spent a few years of my youth in STL area around the McGwire home run chase years.. and I was a huge Cardinals fan.. even to the point when I knew the whole roster and would even stay up late and listen to games on the radio on their west coast trips. 😂

Then when we moved to South Florida I still liked the Cards but naturally transitioned to a Marlins fan after a couple of years.. as back then I couldn’t really watch any Cardinals games and my family was definitely not going to splurge for satellite dish mlb package. 😂 So I figured that since I liked baseball but couldn’t follow the Cards games, I would become a Marlins fan right at the very beginning of the 2003 season when Jeff Tourborg was still the manager and Todd Hollandsworth was the starting LF. Good timing though for becoming a Marlins fan.

At this point since I’ve been a Marlins fan for over 20 years I think that I will probably be a Marlins fan for life but at some point will transition to a complete casual fan.. as in probably not really watch any games anymore and just be a Marlins fan in the traditional sense of like being happy if they ever win the WS but not actively caring about their day to day games or whatnot. Not happening yet or even soon I think. But probably I’m thinking that eventually I will reach that point in life when I just stop caring. 😂

5 minutes ago, Admin said:

What a rebel, you have balls of steel

Yep.. one time I was in a Miami Walmart over by the electronics section where they had a stereo speakers blasting some salsa music.. so I turned the dial to the classic rock station which just so happened to be playing “Sweet Home Alabama” and I walked off. Of course when I passed by a few moments later the station was switched back to the salsa music. 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Yep.. one time I was in a Miami Walmart over by the electronics section where they had a stereo speakers blasting some salsa music.. so I turned the dial to the classic rock station which just so happened to be playing “Sweet Home Alabama” and I walked off. Of course when I passed by a few moments later the station was switched back to the salsa music. 😂

You should use this as a story to pick up women

• Haha 1