Success in 2024

5 minutes ago, LordMagnus said:

New owner

Agreed, this is the only thing that would make me happy with the 2024 campaign. Even signing someone on the roster longterm wouldn't do it. Not like that'd happen anyway.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Admin said:

Agreed, this is the only thing that would make me happy with the 2024 campaign. Even signing someone on the roster longterm wouldn't do it. Not like that'd happen anyway.

Have to be realistic though. Chances of Bruce + rest of Marlins ownership group selling team during 2024 or even in the next several years is slim to none. If you’re basing your happiness of the 2024 on the Marlins getting a new owner. Might as well just give up now and be sad here in April. A more realistic wish will be for the Marlins to not lose 100 games.

Come to think of it. My wish for a successful 2024 season would be to see the return of former MB.com regular @SonOfJack.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Getting Cabrera and Garrett healthy again and back in the rotation.

Those two plus Weathers will form a new power trio.

Marlins will win 70+ games this year.

I think you have to factor in lizard, Scott and probably arraez will be traded which will make 70 very tough 

2 minutes ago, pollythewog said:

I think you have to factor in lizard, Scott and probably arraez will be traded which will make 70 very tough 

You’re right.. Scott will be gone and Bender will be the closer.

However, I think if Cabrera, Garrett and Weathers pitch good as a trio with Rogers and whoever also in the rotation.. plus Jazz and Burger and Nick Gordon and Bell and Jesus Sanchez in the lineup. Marlins have potential to go from a 100 loss team to an 85 loss team with 70 or so wins. 😂

14 minutes ago, LordMagnus said:

New owner

Won't happen for at least 10 years but yeah, that's literally the only way this season becomes successful - and not a new owner selected because some idiot former player wants to play executive.

Posted (edited)

I think jazz is on verge of actually finally breaking out into a star if he stays healthy. His pitch selection has been outstanding so far, BBs up, Ks down and still hitting ball hard. Eventually it should turn for him and soon 

Edited by pollythewog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

Avoiding a 100 loss season

Not being taken to the cleaners on the upcoming Arraez and Luzardo trades (and whatever other idiotic trades that are made)

Bendix does have a good track record with trades for good prospects w rays at least. That’s one thing he might be okay at. 

1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

Since the playoffs are out of the question and Skip is gone after this year, what do folks here consider a successful season at this point?

75 wins would be a "success" at this point.

My pre-season prediction was that we'd get 81-82 wins, but that's ticked down obviously.

1 hour ago, pollythewog said:

I think jazz is on verge of actually finally breaking out into a star if he stays healthy. His pitch selection has been outstanding so far, BBs up, Ks down and still hitting ball hard. Eventually it should turn for him and soon 

Gotta be careful with saying Jazz will be breaking anything..

• Haha 2