3 Game Series vs the Houston Astros

Pitching Probables:

Friday: Brad Penny(2-1, 4.11era) vs Scott Linebrink(0-1, 3.38era)

Saturday: Justin Wayne(0-1, 6.75era) vs Tim Redding(2-2, 3.29era)

Sunday: Mike Tejera(0-0, 5.68era) vs Roy Oswalt(2-3, 3.86era)

in all honesty, the only game I see us winning(by looking at starters) is Game 1......

I'd give the Marlins the edge in Game 1, the Astros the edge in Game 3 - with Game Two being the key matchup. Redding is hittable, however Justin Wayne must really step up his game. Fortunately he has one start under his belt - hopefully he will be able to learn from it.

It will be important for us to get into the Astros pen - Daal & Wagner have had their problems of late.

Go Fish. Let's take 2/3!!!

:super

thanks for your input MattyMo...you obviously know more about the Astros being that you play them 19 times a year

No prob Ramp... I watch the Astros more closely than any other division rival. They are playing really bad baseball right now. Their bats have been silent, and their starters are weak, but their bullpen is one of the toughest. The rookie Brad Lidge is probably their most dangerous reliever (including Dotel and Wagner). Here's hoping the Marlins do what the Braves just did, and SWEEP the Mighty Strohs. Anyone up for a 20 Inning Marathon? ;)

Guest LiLLaz#8

i think the marlins could sweep the astros if they play as a team and if they play real hard cause some players don't play though cause they tired.

Tim Redding will make pitches and keep his team in the game at worst.

Oswalt will turn it around, hopefully that does not begin this weekend.

Linebrick, I forget when he went to the rotation, I think it was last weekend, I guess replacing Moehler (who I dont like)

The Astros are playing 'decent' baseball, have been slumping as of late and really the only hitter really 'on' is Bagwell.

When the remainder of that lineup stats hitting, look out. I still say it will be Cardinals and Astros going down to the wire, but the Cubbies may hang around a little longer than I thought......they will definitely be a force next year, once Choi and hopefully Hill get some more time in the big leagues.

One person on the Astros who I think is poised to really break out is Biggio. I dont know why though, so dont ask me for reasons....He has been playing allright....but I sense a streak occuring soon.

and if you factor in Berkman possibly remembering how to hit...look out.

We are in trouble right now, and Ramp is correct, the best shot for a win is tonight.

The chances go down tomorrow and even further Sunday.