Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kerry Wood

Featured Replies

Kerry Wood signed with the cleveland indians for 2 years 20.5 million. With a 3rd year option.

Source

This crap is really starting to get annoying. A guy with a ridiculous amount of prior injury problems who has had one proven good year as a reliever is getting paid over $10 MM per. What is the world coming to?

I guess teams will pay anything when they're desperate for relief help...

  • Author

I guess teams will pay anything when they're desperate for relief help...

I do not get the signing because the Indians are dumping so much why pick up a big contract?

I guess teams will pay anything when they're desperate for relief help...

I do not get the signing because the Indians are dumping so much why pick up a big contract?

 

Unless I missed something, I don't see how they are dumping so much. What are you referring to? All I can think of is that they let CC go, but that was understandable because there was no way they could afford to bring him back, so they did the right thing and got value for him(Matt LaPorta + 3 other prospects).

  • Author

I guess teams will pay anything when they're desperate for relief help...

I do not get the signing because the Indians are dumping so much why pick up a big contract?

 

Unless I missed something, I don't see how they are dumping so much. What are you referring to? All I can think of is that they let CC go, but that was understandable because there was no way they could afford to bring him back, so they did the right thing and got value for him(Matt LaPorta + 3 other prospects).

Dumped Casey Blake last year also...

 

They also gave up a bunch of players towards the end of the year/this year....

I guess teams will pay anything when they're desperate for relief help...

I do not get the signing because the Indians are dumping so much why pick up a big contract?

 

Unless I missed something, I don't see how they are dumping so much. What are you referring to? All I can think of is that they let CC go, but that was understandable because there was no way they could afford to bring him back, so they did the right thing and got value for him(Matt LaPorta + 3 other prospects).

Dumped Casey Blake last year also...

 

They also gave up a bunch of players towards the end of the year/this year....

 

Yeah, true. I guess they wanted to free up some money to get some FA's this offseason. They've already got Wood, and they might not be done.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.