Everyone Is Out To Get You

SorianoFanHFW

Everyone Is Out To Get You

I hate the school sponsored paranoia. Paranoia, being the psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution, is apparently after you if you are female, black, asian, or latino. Yes, if you fit this group, the non-white male group, everyone is out to get you. All over school they are posting, "Stereotypic and Prejudice: It's Not What You Think" and on the top of these papers it says, "I'm not prejudiced..." Then there is a picture of a white female, an asian, black, and latino. After that it says, "How does this apply to ME???"

That's right, the campus Commission on Community and Diversity needs to warn you that even though you FEEL like no one is out to get you, that is not the case!

The reason this concerns me is because I'm sure people can realize the forward prejudice they will be discussing, but I'm close to 100% sure on a university campus that they are not going to tackle the issue of whites patronizing blacks/latinos, affirmative action, female sexual harrasment of men, or using the term "African American."

Seriously, let's stop making everyone out to be victims. I mean, some sexual harrasment stuff (such as getting rid of urinals because that is somehow prejudice of women) is totally absurd and I have had it with all the white man hating. White men are out to hate you for being black or harrass you for being female. That's bull crap. Of course, black/latin/asian/whatever racism and harrassment from females (sexual and physical) is never paid attention to, because that would burst the "blame the white guy" bubble.

This is the thing that scares me about the upcoming speech: obviously, they are implying that you are facing racism/sexism that you do not even realize, so let's forget the obvious stuff, let's focus on unsubstantiated stuff to make you paranoid! Yet, they will keep on going that other very outward forms of racism and sexsim exist.

For example, a white comic cannot openly make fun of blacks like a black can make fun of whites. A woman can beat up on her man and slap him (or brutalize him like major league pitcher Chuck Finley's stripper wife) and if a man does it he's an ape monster abuser. Let's stop holding people to different standards. Does that make me a monster or something? I think everyone should be allowed to make fun of everyone else when it comes to comedy and no one should be allowed to physically abuse anyone else. Is this really so hard to fathom, am I being too idealistic?

Yet the best they can come up with is to spread paranoia from unknown forms of racism/sexism and yet totally ignore the outward ones.

http://www.xanga.com/craigramblings

cool pictures dood

anyways, I completely agree that everyone makes the white man out to be an evil monster that holds all other groups down. Also, if you're of a minority group you can't be racist... at least thats what some people will tell you. Obviously there are just as many blacks who are racist against whites as their are whites who are racist against blacks.

cool pictures dood

anyways, I completely agree that everyone makes the white man out to be an evil monster that holds all other groups down. Also, if you're of a minority group you can't be racist... at least thats what some people will tell you. Obviously there are just as many blacks who are racist against whites as their are whites who are racist against blacks.

Not for nothing, but the most racist people I know are friends of mine who are educated, black and grew up in affluence and/or around white people. They hate "Ghetto" blacks and most facets of the urban black thing, along with the blacks who follow/use clothing, music, speech etc. that follows the urban black theme. From what I can tell, their racism is a fine mixture of 50 percent "giving us a bad name" and 50 percent "they are ignorant and uneducated, therefore not as good as me".

I always found this interesting. Is this a manifestation of the education of blacks, a trait learned from their white contemporaries (eg "Uncle Tom") or something else entirely?