Garret Anderson

DTrizzle

GA was interviewed on L.A. TV last night and said:

GA started taking medication last week and just started taking BP.

GA says he is feeling pain free.

He says he needs to get himself back into shape and will not give a time table.

I estimate 2 to 3 weeks before GA is back.

(6/4/04)

Anderson update: Center fielder Garret Anderson, who has been out since April 22 because of early arthritis, said he felt fine after taking his first on-field batting practice Wednesday and would continue to run the bases, shag flies and hit as often as the team's training staff would allow.

Anderson still has no timetable for a return, but he reiterated that the medication he's been taking for over a week has done wonders. He said he'll know when he's ready to get into a rehab-game situation.

"It's a feel thing," Anderson said. "I have an idea of how I'll feel when I know I can play."

Anderson said he didn't care where he rehabbed, but that he'd prefer it to be local, which would be Single-A Rancho Cucamonga.

"I don't feel like getting on a plane anywhere," Anderson said. "It doesn't matter who's throwing the ball."

Doug Miller is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.