Hows Castillo Doin?

This is an article from MLB.com - Marlins page.

It reckons LC may miss the Mets series. :(

NEW YORK -- Plunked on the bone above his right ankle by a fastball Sunday, Luis Castillo said he expects to miss two or three games.

Walking gingerly Monday afternoon, Castillo could possibly miss all four games in the series with the Mets at Shea Stadium.

"When I woke up this morning, it was really, really sore," Castillo said.

With two outs in the eighth inning Sunday, Castillo was struck by Rockies reliever Shawn Chacon in the Marlins' 8-4 victory.

It was the first time this season and ninth time in his career that Castillo has been drilled by a pitch.

"This one hurt the most," Castillo said.

Damion Easley started at second base on Monday and could spend a few days in the lineup.

"I can imagine him being sore," manager Jack McKeon said of his starting second baseman.

When the incident occurred, the Marlins feared Castillo may have suffered a broken bone.

"I didn't want to think," McKeon said.

Trainer Sean Cunningham quickly tended to Castillo, who couldn't make it to first base and immediately limped with assistance to the clubhouse. An X-ray was negative, bringing relief.

A two-time All-Star and a Gold Glove winner, Castillo relies heavily on speed at the plate and in the field.

Losing Castillo now takes one of the most productive Marlins against the Mets out of the lineup.

At Shea Stadium, Castillo has hit safely in 25 straight games, batting .370 (40-for-108) over the span.

The last time Castillo didn't collect a hit at Shea Stadium was on Sept. 1, 2001.

His streak is the longest ever at Shea Stadium, passing 23 games, previously set by Tommy Davis (1966-69).