Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing dimensions for new Stadium?

Featured Replies

I wonder if the guy who was working on the stadium design for HOK would let us in on the playing dimensions for the (proposed) new park.

 

The reason I ask is that I think the Marlins have had success with their emphasis on pitching and defense. The big ballpark has suited them well. Since defense is underated by a lot of GMs these days we could continue to assemble a good/cheap team if we had similar dimensions in the new ballpark.

I wonder if the guy who was working on the stadium design for HOK would let us in on the playing dimensions for the (proposed) new park.

 

The reason I ask is that I think the Marlins have had success with their emphasis on pitching and defense. The big ballpark has suited them well. Since defense is underated by a lot of GMs these days we could continue to assemble a good/cheap team if we had similar dimensions in the new ballpark.

941873[/snapback]

 

I asked him and he told me nothing.

 

But there have been a couple articles in which they made it clear it would be a pitcher's park.

 

As far as defense being underrated as think it's quite the opposite. I think it's still highly sought after.....hell even the Oakland A's have a great defensive team.

Dimensions can be changed easily by adjusting the walls, so the design could only have an estimate.

  • Author

Wow sometimes I think people disagree just to disagree. When I say undervalued I mean GMs don't generally pay top dollar for a defensive greats unless they put great offensive numbers. I'm talking where the dollars are spent. Orlando Cabrera doesn't command A-rod or garcia-parra money.

Wow sometimes I think people disagree just to disagree. When I say undervalued I mean GMs don't generally pay top dollar for a defensive greats unless they put great offensive numbers. I'm talking where the dollars are spent. Orlando Cabrera doesn't command A-rod or garcia-parra money.

942586[/snapback]

 

The way you posted it you made it seem as if teams don't care about defense.

 

I was just offering my view.

 

No need to get your panties in a wad. :thumbup

  • Author

Since defense is underated by a lot of GMs these days we could continue to assemble a good/cheap team if we had similar dimensions in the new ballpark.

 

I think I posted it pretty clearly. Besides I don't wear panties. I go commando.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.