My Prediction about what will happen to Marlins

FRZfishfan

I think the Marlins will play in front of empty stands for the next two to three seasons while a new ballpark is built for them in some other city. We'll be like the Expos. And then when the Marlins are gone our local politicos will finally realize what we had and then they will suddenly "find" the money and land to build a new ballpark. We'll then try to get an expansion team. If we get an expansion team, we'll obviously be terrible for several years. This is what I call the Cleveland Browns scenario. Or we may try to get some other team to relocate although I can't think of team that might except the D-Rays or the A's. Either way your looking at 3 years for the Marlins to clear out of town. A couple of years to line up financing for the new park and three years to build it. You're talking about baseball returning to South Florida in about 2014. Ouch.

We have to try to save the fish.

I think the Marlins will play in front of empty stands for the next two to three seasons while a new ballpark is built for them in some other city. We'll be like the Expos. And then when the Marlins are gone our local politicos will finally realize what we had and then they will suddenly "find" the money and land to build a new ballpark. We'll then try to get an expansion team. If we get an expansion team, we'll obviously be terrible for several years. This is what I call the Cleveland Browns scenario. Or we may try to get some other team to relocate although I can't think of team that might except the D-Rays or the A's. Either way your looking at 3 years for the Marlins to clear out of town. A couple of years to line up financing for the new park and three years to build it. You're talking about baseball returning to South Florida in about 2014. Ouch.

We have to try to save the fish.

I don't see Miami being given another chance. Sorry, but not after this debacle. It's not just the politicos, people just aren't interested in paying to watch baseball in Miami.