Basic Guidelines

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

Here's the deal with the new temporary forum.

Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we're going to go through the process of making a list of must see movies in every genre. Since some genres have more choices than others, the numbers won't be capped in any specific group until the process gets going.

Nomination threads will be up shortly. The total number is still up for discussion, though right now I'm thinking Top 100 might be where it gets capped. Let's see how it goes.

Hope everyone enjoys it.

Guest Juanky

Alright, after some discussion with JJ, I've up with this format.

The first stage of this thing will be to come up with the list of the movies everyone should see before they die. Since just being on the list is what matters, rankings won't really be taken. The format will be revealed in a couple of days when we begin to start actually looking at what movies should be on the list.

After the final list is agreed upon in full, we're going to go ahead and have a contest to see which movie is the best movie of all time. I haven't decided yet if we'll follow the Music Polls format of deciding a Top Ten or the Babe Bowl format of having a bracket, but that'll come in a little while. We've never had a contest to decide the best movies, so it just seems like a natural progression after we do the list.