The Illusionist

Mabdul Doobakus

I just saw this tonight and I think most of you folks would like it. I won't go into too many details, but the movie has an old-fashioned kind of feel to it that really works in its favor. I thought to myself less than 10 minutes in that this is a kind of movie that rarely gets made anymore. I'm not even sure what made me feel that way, but it was definitely part of the movie's appeal. It's a beautiful movie, which I am pretty sure was filmed in Prague, even though it was set in Vienna. And there's great performances from Ed Norton, Paul Giamatti, and Rufus Sewell. Jessica Biel even manages not to embarass herself.

This is possibly my favorite movie I've seen so far this year, either this or V for Vendetta, which really isn't saying much at all, considering how awful the movies have been so far, but nevertheless...I enjoyed quite a bit.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this movie today.....and I have to say I came away very impressed. It's one of those movies that if you talk to much about it'll be ruined, but it very much gets the thumbs up.