College Football Best Bets Week 3

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

Week 1: 5-1-1

Week 2: 3-2

This week we're going to give you our five pack.....

1) Illinois -3 vs. Syracuse -- Illinois got shutout by Rutgers....Syracuse lost a heartbreaker against Iowa at home. Perry Patterson had his best game in his career it seems. Gotta go with the home team in a battle of two bad teams...plus Ron Zook owns the head coaching battle.

2) Miami Ohio -11 vs. Kent State -- Kent State is horrific and they may be without their QB Michael Machen. Miami Ohio's offense has been clicking as of late and really is going to pour it on Kent this weekend at home.

3) Florida State -4 vs. Clemson -- Another year and same old Clemson....Can't win the big one on the road and I don't see it happening here....FSU struggled thru Troy and that was probably because they wanted this game...well it's here. FSU needs a good performance here to erase all doubts from the Troy game.

4) Hawaii -12 vs. UNLV -- Hawaii's home and when they play at home, points seem to fly and Rainbows seem to win. First home game of the year for the Bows and I think they come up huge.

5) Texas -32 vs. Rice -- I hate playing games with spreads this big but i like the situation. Top 10 team coming off embarrassing loss playing a patsy. Gotta get back in the voters good graces and put up 60 or 70. Texas won't take the foot off the pedal.

Other Games of Note (not necessarily betting on these but some notes for you guys)

1) Ball State +17 @ Purdue -- Purdue doesnt play defense and MAC teams don't go down easily.

2) Minnesota -42 vs. Temple -- I hate Minnesota and while they should blow the Owls out...I just can't pull the trigger.

3) Wyoming +7 vs. Boise -- Saw Wyoming last week at UVA stadium and was real impressed...wondering why the line isn't bigger though. Boise is completely different away from home.

4) FIU +7 vs. Bowling Green -- Young QB on the road....The Panthers two one point losses??? may be worth a look.

Commenting on the only game I am really aware of....I don't agree with the FSU pick. Clemson is going to shut down the ever-non-present running game for FSU, and that means if Weatherford has another subpar game like last week (and possibly even if plays very well), Clemson will take advantage. Clemson has such a balanced attack (I think they rank around 30th in both run and pass). Troy got away with the same freaking play every other snap, so Clemson's deeper playbook could haunt FSU defense (at least at first!).

Just a friendly warning. I could be wrong (likely am). I actually get the feeling a field goal will win it.

Commenting on the only game I am really aware of....I don't agree with the FSU pick. Clemson is going to shut down the ever-non-present running game for FSU, and that means if Weatherford has another subpar game like last week (and possibly even if plays very well), Clemson will take advantage. Clemson has such a balanced attack (I think they rank around 30th in both run and pass). Troy got away with the same freaking play every other snap, so Clemson's deeper playbook could haunt FSU defense (at least at first!).

Just a friendly warning. I could be wrong (likely am). I actually get the feeling a field goal will win it.

:mad

Please don't pick FSU anymore Mr. FFIPA. We don't want to lose again.