new candidate for dolphins GM spot

Guest marlins02

Guest marlins02

i just got the dolphinsnow email saying that Paul Warfield interviewed for the GM job today. also Giants director of player personnel Jerry Reese was interviewed.

the story is on the dolphins web page

Guest marlins02

wolf said he wasnt interested but now there's talk of him recommending a former assistant who i think is the man in seattle now. also their's talk i believe, i read it somewhere, that he could possibly come as a consultant. either way the team i dont think has given up yet on him.

Ron Wolf isn't officially an employee of the Dolphins yet, but his influence is already being felt.

The Dolphins added Seattle vice president of football operations Ted Thompson to their list of candidates Thursday. Thompson worked for Wolf for eight years in Green Bay and was recommended to the Dolphins by Wolf this week.

Thompson is the ninth person the Dolphins have asked to interview. He is expected to be the sixth to formally talk with the Miami. The team will interview Jerry Reese of the New York Giants today.

The contact with Thompson strongly indicates the Dolphins want to do everything they can to bring Wolf on board.

Thompson, who has spent 12 years working in NFL front offices, played linebacker for the Houston Oilers for 10 years. He began his work in personnel in 1992 with Green Bay, getting promoted to director of pro personnel in 1993.

In 1997, he was named the Packers' director of player personnel under Wolf, who was the general manager. He helped Wolf and the Packers reach the Super Bowl in 1996 and 1997, winning the title in 1996.

Thompson left Green Bay for Seattle after coach Mike Holmgren joined the Seahawks. Under Thompson, the Seahawks have drafted players such as running back Shaun Alexander, guard Steve Hutchinson, wide receivers Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson and safety Ken Lucas.

Thompson declined to comment through a Seahawks spokesperson. Wolf could not be reached for comment.

INTEREST IN SULLIVAN

The Dolphins have reportedly expressed interest in former Arizona offensive coordinator Jerry Sullivan to become wide receivers coach. Sullivan is considered an excellent position coach, having worked with the likes of David Boston and Anquan Boldin. Sullivan has also received interest from New Orleans and Baltimore.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...all/7667222.htm