Everything posted by pikapal4ever
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
I remember something in fantasy baseball where people would reach on the last of a tier position. For example, in this case, the last of the elite tier closers. Because Jansen is the last of that elite tier in the FA market, he could technically go for more than Chapman, despite the draft pick attached to him. This is the last chance to get an elite closer, and more than one team wants him. I wouldn't be surprised if the final deal has Jansen receive triple digits (over $100 million deal). The supply is low, we just don't know the demand. It's at least $80 million, I wonder if it's $100 million? If so, let the nats have him.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Yep, he's the forum lawyer. Comes with all the benefits of a real lawyer, including 40% of my pay! DAMN YOU SQUALL!
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Appreciate it, I'll get that taken down. Sorry Polly, you will not be known for anything as of now.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Normally when people put Not Telling in their gender, it means Female. It could mean Male, but most males could care less if you know they're Male. Females are shy to expose their gender on a sports forum, or afraid of Admin.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Pollyvonwag's new identity. Let it be known across the world! EDIT: Copyright issues say you aren't known for anything as of this time.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
What's up poliwag? You'll be known around here now as the pokemon poster, lol. Waiting for Jansen to do something.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Also Admin, don't go on the beach, every guy has a better body than you and makes you look less attractive to the women. You want as little competition as possible.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
He's still the favorite from taiwan, nothing to be ashamed of.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
So the woman ends up inside out? You are right, I don't. BE GENTLE Admin!
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Is that what happens when Admin gets done with a woman?
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Nah you're just a silverbullet, Admin is the GoldStandard.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Don't worry, more will come, and you'll chase them away. And thus is the circle of life!
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Thank you, I think I'll enjoy this forum.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
His balls never dropped, he's in the "girls are nasty" phase still.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Watch your daughters then, forum members. They could be in Admin's vision.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Of course, he's watching all of us in it.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
He may sign that, I don't know at this point. CBSsports says the nats are really interested, so it should be between the Nats and the Marlins. Don't want to lose the pick. Just don't see how Jansen will do much good. It's fool's gold. Is it night in Taiwan? 10 PM?
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
I'll do you one better. I'm not taking a shower til Jansen signs.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Quit screwing around and tell us Admin! When is he going to sign and with who?
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
I agree. He could make me some mean pancakes though! I might even give him a generous tip so he can buy tickets to a Marlins game if the breakfast pleases me enough!
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
I like to use an old poker quote for this. In poker, if you are the 10th best player in the world, but play with the 9 players better than you, you'll eventually lose all your money. In this case, Hill may be smarter than all of us, but if he's the 30th best GM in the world at baseball, he's going to get destroyed in the long run by the GM's of the 29 other teams. Doesn't matter if he's smarter than average joes like us, he needs to be smarter than the one that's matter, and he hasn't shown that yet.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Thing about this, you can't give up the 14th pick and then decide to rebuild a year later. Sure, you can make some trades and replenish the farm system, but It cripples a way to get a top end talent.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Pretty much sums up my thoughts if you go all in.
-
Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming
Because if you don't get Jansen, then there will probably be a rebuild, and those are hard to get through.
-
Edinson Volquez
Congrats on getting Volquez, It won't completely fix the rotation, but I think he'll be a solid #4 type pitcher for you. Probably an ERA in the 4's. The good news is he doesn't cost you a draft pick. I think he'll end up being your 2nd best pitcher next year behind Conley, honestly. I also think you'll end up making a trade of some kind. You won't get Sale or Archer, but maybe Sonny Gray on the high side, or someone besides Grienke from Arizona. I know that have pitchers for trade after getting Taijuan Walker. Anyway, glad you guys got something done!