Puter processor question?

playattheplate

Is there a difference between 2.66 and 2.8 g (something) processor when buying a puter?

Do you really see a difference in performance with just your basic tasks such as e-mailing, word processing?

Is xga screen good or is it SXGA worth the extra $$ ?? Is going to be a huge difference that's really worth it?

thank you for any advice!!

Is there a difference between 2.66 and 2.8 g (something) processor when buying a puter?

Do you really see a difference in performance with just your basic tasks such as e-mailing, word processing?

Is xga screen good or is it SXGA worth the extra $$ ?? Is going to be a huge difference that's really worth it?

thank you for any advice!!

Only question I can answer is the one about the processor which it doesnt make much of a difference from 2.6 to 2.8 gigabytes at least you wont be able to tell.

I dont know much about the XGA screens.

I just bought a brand new Dell because of the 20th Anniversary deals they have and couldnt be happier...but its a desktop.

17" Flat Screen

80 GB HD

2.66 GHz

CD-ROM

CD-RW (2nd Bay)

512 RAM

All in one printer

$699 and free shipping.

Unless you have to have a laptop, you should look into this deal its one of the best ive ever seen.

Depends on the monitor you intend to use. With a cheap 17", going much beyong 1024x768 (XGA res) is an excercise in futility reading tiny fonts.

I dislike ordinary monitors much larger than 17" because of the large amount of desk real estate they consume and heat they throw off. For the incremental screen gains on a 19" or larger, you might be better off with a couple of 17's and dual video cards. If sufficient desk space exists, a 3-monitor setup is pretty nice. Multi-monitor setups are supported in Windows98/ME/2K. All the annoying popups that won't go away can be tossed off onto a screen you're not looking at :thumbup

well, i mean '15 laptop screens?