Schilling to DL?

MasterChief

BOSTON -- In his last four starts, Curt Schilling has pitched through the discomfort of a bruise in his right ankle with the aid of an injection of the pain-killer Marcaine.

After his next start, Wednesday, the Red Sox' leading winner will undergo a third MRI on the ankle, according to the Boston Globe, and if the picture isn't good the right-hander could land on the disabled list.

The first two MRI's showed a worsening condition in the ankle joint. Whether the bruise was received when he was hit by a line drive April 28 or that incident against the Devil Rays exacerbated a previous condition is not known, according to manager Terry Francona.

Either way, surgery during the season is not an option, according to team medical director Bill Morgan. An arthroscopic procedure after the season could be done if rest doesn't do the job.

While Schilling has been able to pitch with Marcaine, which is stronger than Novocain, according to the Globe, the Red Sox, fearing the shot could be masking a deteriorating condition, feel one more time is enough.

If he does go to the DL, it would be for 2-4 weeks, according to Morgan. Schilling would take with him an 8-3 record, 3.03 ERA and perhaps his chances of being able to pitch in the All-Star game.

C/O espn.com

Oh really?

Brown's ERA+ in healthy seasons since 1996:

1996: 214

1997: 150

1998: 160

1999: 148

2000: 168

2003: 169

Curt Schilling's Healthy seasons since 1996:

1997: 143

1998: 134

2000: 124

2001: 154

2002: 136

I have nothing against you being a red sox fan, I am insulted by your stupidity and lack of baseball knowledge. When Brown was/is healthy, he's phenominal. No one who knows ANYTHING about baseball is going to disagree with that.

Now watch your tone and don't be calling people morons, especially when you are flat out wrong and only reveal your own ignorance.

Never said Brown was bad, and him being a Yankee doesn't make me say that.

I know that Schilling is better when both are healthy.

Hmm, is that so? Even though Schilling consistantly posts HIGHER ERAS? So what's your argument, schilling wins more? Regardless to the fact that winning is just luck, Brown has better than a .601 winning percentage for his career, while schilling has a .582 winning percentage. Furthermore, brown has 40 more career WINS!

So either way, your argument is wrong and stupid.

OUCH!

Never said Brown was bad, and him being a Yankee doesn't make me say that.

I know that Schilling is better when both are healthy.

Hmm, is that so? Even though Schilling consistantly posts HIGHER ERAS? So what's your argument, schilling wins more? Regardless to the fact that winning is just luck, Brown has better than a .601 winning percentage for his career, while schilling has a .582 winning percentage. Furthermore, brown has 40 more career WINS!

So either way, your argument is wrong and stupid.

OUCH! I never brought up wither parts of the argument.

I will take a guy that will be here in October.

If you want to discuss this more...IM me, SoxDevilsCanes

I am not going to waste my posts here....

Guest Juanky

Off the top of my head, I can only think of one good game Brown pitched in the playoffs (Game 6 of the 97 NLCS). He lost two games in the Series (one on the flu, but one that could have won the title) and he didn't do much to prevent the Padres from getting torn apart in 98 if memory serves correctly.

Guys, because brown and schilling had one or two postseasons, that doesn't mean one is clutch and one is not, BECAUSE THE SAMPLE SIZE IS TOO SMALL. We're not talking about Mariano Rivera, who has pitched close to 100 post season innings and many games as a reliver. Curt pitched his team out of the playoffs in 2002, DOESN'T THAT mean anything?

What it comes down to is the majority of statistics indicate brown being a superior pitcher when healthy. This is undeniable.

*Yawn*

See ya in October!

Dude, first you call me moron, I prove your claims are stupid and unfounded, and that's all you got?

You're like all red sox fans. You lose all the time and yet you still have that feeling of victory...meanwhile, most yankee fans always win and are convinced that being swept in one series means we will miss the postseason.

However, I being a yankees-mets fan hybrid makes me flawless and superior to all: especially lowly yankee and RED SOX fans.

*Yawn*

See ya in October!

Dude, first you call me moron, I prove your claims are stupid and unfounded, and that's all you got?

You're like all red sox fans. You lose all the time and yet you still have that feeling of victory...meanwhile, most yankee fans always win and are convinced that being swept in one series means we will miss the postseason.

However, I being a yankees-mets fan hybrid makes me flawless and superior to all: especially lowly yankee and RED SOX fans. Your right, I am a worthless piece of crap that roots for a team that will never win a darn thing ever.

I should curl up and die because I can't "compete" with you on a message board....

What a joker...

Guest Juanky

However, I being a yankees-mets fan hybrid makes me flawless and superior to all: especially lowly yankee and RED SOX fans.

But does anyone like you?

:mischief2

*Yawn*

See ya in October!

However, I being a yankees-mets fan hybrid makes me flawless and superior to all: especially lowly yankee and RED SOX fans. Your right, I am a worthless piece of crap that roots for a team that will never win a darn thing ever.

I should curl up and die because I can't "compete" with you on a message board....

What a joker... That's not the point. The point is to have intelligent baseball conversation, something that you are preventing by dogmatically asserting something without statistics.

But does anyone like you?

I don't care who likes me on this board. I don't like you.