The Thunderbirds

phoenix

While sitting through almost 15 minutes of ads and trailers before seeing Harry Potter and the Prisioner of Askaban, I saw a several trailers for new movies opening soon or later on this year.

I saw one for the Thunderbirds which my spouse tells me is a movie version of the Saturday morning cartoon. I personally don't rememer this but the spouse seems very excited about this being made into a movie.

Although it looks good, I can't help but wonder where is the desert of ideas Hollywood seems to be running into with stories for movies. I loved Spiderman, Batman and the Hulk just as much as the next person, but it really seems as though we're going old school insofar as movie plots. I'd like to see something fresh come out of California that's not Ahhhhnold.

Maybe we're in a time for the independend movie makers to really shine.

Another clip was of the Polar Express, obviously slated for the Holidays with the voices of Tom Hanks and someone else whom I forgot as soon as the trailer was over. It is an animated film and was disappointed that they didn't use real actors. I think animated people replacing real people doesn't sit well with me. What? They could only afford Tom Hanks' voice and not the rest of him?

What's next? We'll only see Julia Roberts' smile and see Tobey Maguire's eyes but not the rest of them???

We did see Harry Potter and I liked it. It was darker and Harry's character was decidedly more grown up- more like a teenager. I loved what they did with Hermione's character- they gave her cojones. Very empowering.

I'm looking forward to reading the book.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.