Down on the farm

Teal Shadow

*RHP Trevor Hutchinson is kicking a$$ in Jupiter for the hammerheads

with 9-1 2.37 ERA in 13 games 56K's 13BB in 78 innings. Impressive for the 2002 third round pick out of Cal

*OF Jose Aponte is a name to remember the young left-handed hitter lite up last year in the Gulf Coast league and is now in Jupiter playing for the Hammerheads his hitting .297 with in 8 games but its a young fish to remember.

*1B Jason Stokes the organization player of year appears to be just coming back from wrist problem he had at the end of the year. Hitting .267 after a .210 at the start of May. The power appear to still be there with 11 HR which doesn't even lead the team that honor goes to Josh Willingham with 12 HR

*RHP Don Levinski & Denny Bautista are doing well in Jupiter with Denny 7-4 with 68 K's in 78 innings and Donald has the lower ERA 2.35 compare to Denny 3.45 but only a 2-4 record with 30 K's in 39 innings

*LHP Chris Key is the guy leading the Hammerheads in ERA with a 0.91 ERA in 20 games,that's sick with 4BB in 29innings 18K's sick man

*RHP Nic Ungs is another ERA guy 1.86 in 82 innings with 60 K's 10BB the Hammerheads have the best staff in the Florida state league

*LHP Ryan Snare the other piece of that Dempster steal I mean deal is 5-1 with 3.67 ERA in Carolina in 72innings with 60K's and 27BB

*RHP Donnie Bridges the former Expos top prospect is 4-1 with a 3.67 ERA in 46innings with 47K's and 27BB

I'll post more tommorrow :D

Hey Edcanes, since you drop the knowlege about the goings-on down on the farm I was wondering if you could answer a question.....

I heard Beinfest commenting on QAM about some kid who got demoted down to double AA this week. I can't remember his name for the life of me. The way Beinfest was talking the kid was a prodigy and then crapped out this year. One of those "regrouping" things....Got any knowledge on it????

1B Adrian Gonzalez the Marlins top overall selection in draft of 2000.When demoted he was hitting .215 in Triple A, now in double A his hitting only .250 (8k in 32 AB) in 8 games in Carolina I've heard his problem are deeper than just see the ball and hit the ball.(family or chick problems)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.