Migeul Cabrera Concerns

DMoney82

Watching Miguel Cabrera ground out with the GW run on third yesterday got me thinking: Is Miguel trying to pull the ball too much? At the beginning of the year, people were saying he didn't pull enough. Now, he seems to be so obsessed with towering jacks that he doesn't go opposite field. Last year, Miguel woud make a living going the other way. Could this be the reason he isn't hitting against lefties (maybe any higher-level baseball players on this board can answer that)?

We need Miguel to be the guy who singles in 1,2 runs consistently. We are not HR-starved, just run starved.

I'm actually more concerned with Lowell trying to pull everything. Yesterday was Mike Lowell's season in a microcosm, struck out in a big spot when they went outside on him, smoked an inside fastball later in the game. If Lowell, not Cabrera, starts spraying outside stuff the other way and forgets about pulling the ball all the time, he becomes an absolutely elite hitter.

I know what you're saying about Cabrera, I see it, but Lowell concerns me much more...

I know what you're saying about Cabrera, I see it, but Lowell concerns me much more...

You're right that Lowell needs to pull more than Cabrera, I've just given up on that aspect of Mike's game. He has always been a pull-hitter, and he's already in his prime. Miguel knew how to pull and seemingly forgot, which is scary considering that this is his time to learn how to be a complete hitter.

usually when your in a slump they tell you to try to hit the way,go with the pitch...ive been to about 10 marlin games this year and i dont remember to many hits to RF by Mcabs or lowell...you can tell that they are pulling everything cause of all the DP's..

they all need to get out of their slump or they will get no where

Thanks for stating the obvious.

I am not worried about Miguel. He is still adjusting and he hasn't even played a full season yet. In the amount of games he has played (Something like 158) he has about 108 RBIs and 29 homers. That is amazing.

they all need to get out of their slump or they will get no where

Thanks for stating the obvious.

I am not worried about Miguel. He is still adjusting and he hasn't even played a full season yet. In the amount of games he has played (Something like 158) he has about 108 RBIs and 29 homers. That is amazing. yes it is...imagine when he figures out all his strenths and weakness....he should be at 35+ and 120+ rbi's every year...