Kickass article!

RippyO

nice

3) The Unocal company in Texas had been willing to discuss a gas pipeline across Afghanistan with the Taliban, as had other vested interests.

I already proved this wrong.

Furthermore, my major beef with the hottest new wave of leftist documentaries, like The Corporation, Supersize Me, and Farhenheit 9-11 is that they are all against freedom and choice. They all support a big ass government to tell us what to do and have no faith in the citizen to make his own decisions.

However, conservatives are firing back with Michael Moore Hates America and a rebutaal to super-size me.

?Fahrenheit 9/11? puts it all together

Moore goes after Bush and reflects on the toll of the war in Iraq

By John Hartl

Film critic

MSNBC

Updated: 10:54 p.m. ET June 21, 2004

Michael Moore?s scathing indictment of the Bush administration, ?Fahrenheit 9/11,? winner of the top prize at this year?s Cannes Film Festival, doesn?t break a lot of new ground.

If you?ve been watching recent installments of ?60 Minutes? and Jon Stewart?s ?The Daily Show,? or if you?re familiar with this year?s best-seller list (especially Craig Unger?s ?House of Bush, House of Saud?), you won?t find many surprises here.

Indeed, the opening scenes amount to a condensed version of Richard Perez and Joan Seckler?s 2002 documentary, ?Unprecedented: The 2000 Presidential Election,? which made the case that the 2000 election was stolen. Much of the rest is reminiscent of Robert Greenwald?s 2003 documentary, ?Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War,? which used interviews with CIA, Pentagon and foreign-service experts to demolish the rationale behind the war.

But put all these approaches together, connect the dots, throw in a few brand-new interviews and never-seen-before clips of President Bush looking especially befuddled, and you?ve got a remarkably powerful narrative ? and a movie that communicates an unshakeable sense of non-fiction tragedy. No wonder conservatives are trying so hard to shut it down before it reaches theaters.

The freshest ammunition in Moore?s arsenal is a camcorder tape of Bush?s ultra-delayed reaction to the news that the World Trade Center had been hit by terrorists. On the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, Bush was reading to kids at a Florida elementary school. After being informed of the attacks, Bush froze and continued with the classroom lesson ? for nearly seven minutes.

This gives Moore more than enough room to ponder what Bush could be thinking during this moment of apparent paralysis. He fills in the vacancy on the soundtrack with a collection of possible Presidential thoughts, including worries about his friends, the Saudis, and whether he should have paid more attention to counterterrorism expert Richard Clarke.

The first half of ?Fahrenheit 9/11? is filled with such Moore-ish mischief-making, guaranteed to embarrass Republicans. Especially excruciating: Paul Wolfowitz licking his comb to slick back his hair for the cameras? :rofl , John Ashcroft singing a patriotic song he composed, and Bush preparing to deliver an ultimatum to Saddam Hussein, as his eyes nervously dart from side to side. The jokiest touch is a faked clip from ?Bonanza,? with the faces of Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and Tony Blair placed over the bodies of cowboys.

But there?s a somber quality to the film?s second half, as the cost of the Iraq war becomes harder to hide. Interviews with fed-up American soldiers and furious Iraqi citizens are particularly chilling. So is Moore?s talk with a woman who lost her disillusioned son in Iraq and tearily confesses that she should have been paying more attention to the reasons he went.

?Fahrenheit 9/11? isn?t entirely designed to skewer the current administration. Democrats are chastised for voting for the war and for not challenging the Supreme Court?s decision to anoint Bush, while senators of both parties are condemned for not backing African-American Congressmen who questioned the Florida election. Moore?s final hope, delivered in a non-partisan spirit, is that ?we won?t get fooled again."

LINK

Guest Juanky

?Fahrenheit 9/11? isn?t entirely designed to skewer the current administration. Democrats are chastised for voting for the war and for not challenging the Supreme Court?s decision to anoint Bush, while senators of both parties are condemned for not backing African-American Congressmen who questioned the Florida election. Moore?s final hope, delivered in a non-partisan spirit, is that ?we won?t get fooled again."

PLEASE. That's just a pitiful attempt to make the film look like something it isn't: objective.

That fat slob isn't getting my money, I'll illegally download it and have something to laugh at when I'm in a bad mood.

go illegally download it, moore says he WANTS people to download things for free. of course he doesn't mean it, but hold him to his word.

And the movie is NOT objective. I know Moore's work and NOTHING is objective. Everything is set in a manipulative matter in order to FURTHER AGENDA, the last thing from objective.

My favorite documentary ever is "Secret Aircraft of the Luftwaffe" and the reason it is OBJECTIVE is because it tells you facts and it debates historical interpretations and furthers no agendas. Michael Moore's work is nothing more than entertainment and propaganda.

Check out Spinsanity.org, Bowlingfortruth.com...though spinsanity is the only non-politically leaning site that actually tries to "de-spin" stories, both give you a good insight into Moore's lies.

http://www.spinsanity.org quite possibly the best media site on the net.

Guest Juanky

If I had the money to make a 2 hour long lie, I would. But I would make it a fun lie, like Chinese people have three legs and eat little baby heads. Who cares, everyone would believe me anyways. It's a movie, it has to be true!

If I had the money to make a 2 hour long lie, I would. But I would make it a fun lie, like Chinese people have three legs and eat little baby heads. Who cares, everyone would believe me anyways. It's a movie, it has to be true!

Have you seen the movie? No. You have not seen the movie, therefore you can't say that he is lying. All you have is what people have told you. People who by the way have not even seen the movie themselves. Therefore, spare me your self-righteous crap.

I'll tell you when I see the movie if he was dead on or not.

I thought I'd exercise my right to express my opinions... Besides, no one is objective and that includes all of you who are attacking Michael for expressing his in a movie. :mischief

I'm being very objective, as a michael moore fan, I KNOW he's not objective.

and yes, you can say whatever you want, no matter how stupid it is.

Guest Juanky

Have you seen the movie? No. You have not seen the movie, therefore you can't say that he is lying. All you have is what people have told you. People who by the way have not even seen the movie themselves. Therefore, spare me your self-righteous crap.

I'll tell you when I see the movie if he was dead on or not. No, I haven't seen this one. But I've seen the others. I've read his books. I don't go around like other people spewing propaganda and not even having the slightest remote clue where the other side is coming from. That's faulty logic no matter which side of the fence you are in whichever battle.

Has Michael Moore changed? Unlikely.

And I stand by my previous statement. If I had the money, and I wanted to on a whim, I'd make a 2 hour movie of lies, because the masses are dumb enough to believe anything that comes out of that little screen surrounded by the black plastic.

I'll tell you when I see the movie if he was dead on or not. No, I haven't seen this one. But I've seen the others. I've read his books. I don't go around like other people spewing propaganda and not even having the slightest remote clue where the other side is coming from. That's faulty logic no matter which side of the fence you are in whichever battle.

Has Michael Moore changed? Unlikely.

And I stand by my previous statement. If I had the money, and I wanted to on a whim, I'd make a 2 hour movie of lies, because the masses are dumb enough to believe anything that comes out of that little screen surrounded by the black plastic. WATCH THE GOD DAMN TRAILER! He claims there's a corporate conspiracy bent on taking over America. Jesus people.

I'll tell you when I see the movie if he was dead on or not. We'll all be waiting in extreme suspense to hear your unbiased review. Iwonder what you'll think about it??? :mischief2

I'll tell you when I see the movie if he was dead on or not. We'll all be waiting in extreme suspense to hear your unbiased review. Iwonder what you'll think about it??? :mischief2 You shouldn't wait for me to tell you what my opinion on the movie is, that would put me ahead of you when debating about the movie's truthfullness.

I'll tell you when I see the movie if he was dead on or not. We'll all be waiting in extreme suspense to hear your unbiased review. Iwonder what you'll think about it??? :mischief2 You shouldn't wait for me to tell you what my opinion on the movie is, that would put me ahead of you when debating about the movie's truthfullness. Aww, c'mon.

Seriously, why are you putting up this charade that there is some doubt as to the content of Moore's film?

We all know it is what it is. Stop trying to come down from on high and pontificating about some convoluded sense of objectivity.

I'll tell you when I see the movie if he was dead on or not. We'll all be waiting in extreme suspense to hear your unbiased review. Iwonder what you'll think about it??? :mischief2 You shouldn't wait for me to tell you what my opinion on the movie is, that would put me ahead of you when debating about the movie's truthfullness. Aww, c'mon.

Seriously, why are you putting up this charade that there is some doubt as to the content of Moore's film?

We all know it is what it is. Stop trying to come down from on high and pontificating about some convoluded sense of objectivity. I am not objective *at least not about G.W Bush*. But I sure don't offer my opinion on something I have never seen.

It must be evident to anyone, despite the rapid-fire way in which Moore's direction eases the audience hastily past the contradictions, that these discrepant scatter shots do not cohere at any point. Either the Saudis run U.S. policy (through family ties or overwhelming economic interest), or they do not. As allies and patrons of the Taliban regime, they either opposed Bush's removal of it, or they did not. (They opposed the removal, all right: They wouldn't even let Tony Blair land his own plane on their soil at the time of the operation.) Either we sent too many troops, or were wrong to send any at all?the latter was Moore's view as late as 2002?or we sent too few. If we were going to make sure no Taliban or al-Qaida forces survived or escaped, we would have had to be more ruthless than I suspect that Mr. Moore is really recommending. And these are simply observations on what is "in" the film.

What's also damning is not only the white lies (omissions, etc.... that people say are ok because Moore is free to have his own views rah rah rah), but that he builds an argument like a 4 year old with ADD. People just love to bash Bush that they run around like puppies peeing themselves whenever Moore and his flashy images show up. No wonder the serious Left hates Moore as much as the Right does. He makes them all look bad.