Willingham Interview

calvinball

Willingham Interview

That's impressive reporting for the Times Daily. They had the story up the night he got called up.

excerpt:

The Marlins? decision to summon Willingham was unexpected, although Willingham?s strong season made it seem he could be called up in September when rosters expand.

?I really didn?t know if this would happen,? Willingham said. ?I was just taking it day by day.?

Left-hander Dontrelle Willis is scheduled to start today for the Marlins. Willis and Willingham played together early in 2003 with the Mudcats.

Was coming over to post this article myself...

Notables:

Willingham has played with the Double-A Carolina Mudcats throughout the 2004 season. He was hitting .282 with 17 homers and 55 RBIs in 76 games with the Mudcats.

Willingham was also leading the Southern League in two individual categories with a .581 slugging percentage and a .428 on-base percentage.

Pretty Darn Impressive if you ask me.

Another quote:

"I found out after the game tonight,? Willingham said in a phone interview late Monday. ?Our manager called me in the office and said, ?You?re getting called up.? I didn?t know if it was Triple-A or what.

?He said it wasn?t Triple-A. I was like, ?All right!? ?

Sounds like he is excited. The Marlins could use some of that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.