I met Mike Lowell tonight

After the game, with the Duke Alumni Club. I guess one of the fellas knew him and arranged a meet. Mike was kind enough to come even with the new baby and all. He was still wearing the hospital bracelet from the day before. Apparently, they told him to leave it on as only parents are allowed to see the baby after a certain time, so he must have played with it on.

Most of the talk revolved around the new kid, and Duke basketball, of course. But someone asked about the stadium issues--he said that even though his whole contract was based on the stadium, he had no idea what was going on. No one bothered to ask him whether he was going to stay--I sure as hell wasn't going to ask. Also, someone asked about the clubhouse mood, and he said that the Burnett injury really dampened everyone's spirits, and that its impossible to find a 6th starter, and they're getting killed by all these doubleheaders.

And he said they we have great fans...we're getting killed, but as long as you get them donuts, everyone goes home happy.

I guess that's it. Great guy. Signed my baseball. Good times.

Oh, also saw Loria walk by as he left for the evening. I guess he wasn't in the mood to say hi to the group.