More Mike Lowell rumors

rferry

link

Expect Marlins 3B Mike Lowell to express a willingness to play first base if he becomes a free agent, which is a near-certainty if the team is unable to secure a ballpark commitment. The Red Sox, Tigers, Giants, Mariners and Braves could have interest in Lowell at third, while the Yankees, Mets and Orioles might want him at first. Lowell's contract requires him to make his free-agent decision by November 1; he probably would remain a Marlin if a stadium deal appeared likely by, say, December 1. The Mets, continuing their quest for more youth and athleticism, only would make a run at potential free-agent 1B Carlos Delgado if he were willing to accept a one-year deal. Lowell or Diamondbacks 1B Richie Sexson would be a better fit; Delgado is more of an A.L. player. Among the players lobbying for him: Miguel Tejada in Baltimore and Edgar Martinez in Seattle. . . .

Bah, sounds like someone is hopeful he'll be on the market.

Lowell is due $8 million next year and won't get much more because of the amount of quality infielders on the market.

With a new child there's little chance he'll leave a 80+ win team in his hometown to sign with a big market team.

If Lowell stays as a Fish, he will play 3rd base. If Cabs is moving to the infield while Lowell plays 3rd, he will be at 1st.

If we keep Lowell, I would just leave it at status quo. Cabs on LF, Conine on 1B, and Lowell on 3B

574216[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree. Conine's defense at first has been above average. All we need is a good left handed hitting right fielder. Everything else should stay the same.

If Lowell stays as a Fish, he will play 3rd base. If Cabs is moving to the infield while Lowell plays 3rd, he will be at 1st.

If we keep Lowell, I would just leave it at status quo. Cabs on LF, Conine on 1B, and Lowell on 3B

574216[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree. Conine's defense at first has been above average. All we need is a good left handed hitting right fielder. Everything else should stay the same.

574240[/snapback]

...I am not crazy about seeing Niner playing much next season.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.