Conine wants to start

Teal Shadow

I've said it here already couple times, Encarancion should start. The Defensive part of the game shouldn't be taken for granted. Encarancion is NOT as bad as he appear last year with a hurt wing. You have to look at his career numbers and his 03 numbes in especailly. Encarancion is one of the best defesive OF in NL, the reason were favorite by many is not only b/c of our sticks, BUT our "defense" JMO

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mar...la-sports-front

If we're careful with Delgado (as I think we should be) Conine could see time at first and right (and even left if we were to give Miggy some days off here and there).

I could think up some reasons for either of them starting though, so I think it's just who has a better (healthier) spring.

But remember, the depth that either of them coming off the bench provides is a huge boost to a previously lack-luster bench.

I am pulling for Conine. Part of the reason for our success in 2003 was the vibe throughout the clubhouse. Our players were having fun and our team chemistry was spot on. Conine has a much better attitude IMO than Encarnacion. Better for the clubhouse and truly a fan favourite. Defensively, I don't see him as a liability. His career fielding % is higher than Encarnacion's (I know, diff. position but shows he can handle his glove) and his bat is steady.

I hope Conine gets the nod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.