Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harris or Willis

Featured Replies

:banghead

 

This may be for fun...just curious about feelings out there, but I am here watching this spring training game on FSN and was recalling last year when Jack would have Dontrel Pinch Hit. Frankly I would feel more comfortable seeing dontrell with a bat in his hand than Harris (mr. Out).

 

So with that said...who would you rather have pinch hitting with 1 out and runner on 2nd?

 

Willis or Harris

even though he doesn't look particularly comfortable with a bat for a pinch hitter, i'd still rather have dontrelle out there.

  • Author

figures 20 mins after i post this Harris gets to bat in that spring training game and DRIBBLES to the pitcher for the SURE out.

 

What in the world do we have harris wasting a spot in the clubhouse for? I know he has a good attitude in the clubhouse...can't we just give him some pom-poms and make him a cheerleader?

As for Willis or Lenny, I'd say Lenny....but I agree that he is done. They should offer him some sort of coaching role, because his lone useful ability (hitting) has declined to the point that he's basically wasting a roster spot. I've always liked him, and he was one of my favorite players on the Marls last season, but I think it's time to retire...does he prefer having to retire after batting under .200 off the bench?

It's tough for you or I to understand, but he is a ballplayer. I just got done reading the Ernie Lombardi entry in Bill James' New Baseball Abstract. At the end of what seems to be a ten page essay on Lombardi's career, James tries to explain the difficulty Lombardi had handling life after baseball. Imagine being in as competitive field as baseball and coming to terms with your abilities slipping. Then realizing that playing ball has defined you to millions of people, maybe to even some in the family you rarely see except in four-month offseason when not training or negotiating a new contract. What are you if you are not a ballplayer? Thankfully players are paid more than in the past and can now afford time-exhausting hobbies. But still, you've competed your whole life. You're not going to quit. How can you? You're a ballplayer. Quitting is something you never do. I give Lenny and Encarnacion sh*t, but there's much about them to respect. I know I wouldn't want to be a ballplayer if it meant facing every cut day and eventual retirement not knowing my future.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.