Slim and None

pierremvp1

I didn't want to bring this up earlier, but as you know I've stressed health in our top 3 pitchers. I was particularly concerned with Beckett and and any recurrance of the blister. Unfortunately it's happened. Lets' hope for the best. I'm sure the training staff has learned from the past, and hopefully they'll let Beckett rest a few starts if there's any doubt at all. We still look good for this season, assuming Beckett can be full strength from All-Star break on. If that happens and there's no more than 4-5 starts missed by A.J. and Willis till year's end I still say that we're the favorite to win the division. Let's hope for good health and the Marlins can still win it all this season

Beyond that this blister presents a big problem. I was hoping that the blister would not reappear and after the season ended we could move Beckett along with Encarnacion and receive something really great in return. Now, I think that no matter what happen's this year with blister kid his trade value has plummetted. In the end when the season's over and we hopefully win the WS we're left with slim(A.J., our best pitcher), and none(Beckett, good potential but health issues), and slim is leaving town. We'll still be competitive next year with Willis and Beckett #1 and 2, but we won't be World Series caliber. Let's enjoy this year.

Guest FishFanInPA

I didn't want to bring this up earlier, but as you know I've stressed health in our top 3 pitchers. I was particularly concerned with Beckett and and any recurrance of the blister. Unfortunately it's happened. Lets' hope for the best. I'm sure the training staff has learned from the past, and hopefully they'll let Beckett rest a few starts if there's any doubt at all. We still look good for this season, assuming Beckett can be full strength from All-Star break on. If that happens and there's no more than 4-5 starts missed by A.J. and Willis till year's end I still say that we're the favorite to win the division. Let's hope for good health and the Marlins can still win it all this season

Beyond that this blister presents a big problem. I was hoping that the blister would not reappear and after the season ended we could move Beckett along with Encarnacion and receive something really great in return. Now, I think that no matter what happen's this year with blister kid his trade value has plummetted. In the end when the season's over and we hopefully win the WS we're left with slim(A.J., our best pitcher), and none(Beckett, good potential but health issues), and slim is leaving town. We'll still be competitive next year with Willis and Beckett #1 and 2, but we won't be World Series caliber. Let's enjoy this year.

810101[/snapback]

You don't pay attention do you....We have a wealth of pitching in the minors and by 2006, some of them will be up and contributing....Personally a rotation of Dontrelle, AJ or Josh, Olsen, Johnson and a FA isnt as bad you think it is. Josh and AJ are too damn inconsistent.

Guest Juanky

Josh and AJ are too damn inconsistent.

Yeah, I hate it when they go 8 IP 1 ER 9 K one outing and then 6.2 IP 3 ER 5 K the next.

Bums.