We've made some progress this week

The team is scoring runs on a consistant basis. Relief pitching has been better. Starting pitching remains strong. Defense remains strong. Olsen has made a good impression in his first 2 appearances in the majors. Beckett came back from his latest blister. Team intangibles seem better. Calls for certain players and coaches necks are way down on this board. All in all, a very successful week. Let's build on this.

As for the trade rumors. I put no credence in any of them. Of all the trade rumors I have read, most are silly, but some I would agree with. But to me a trade rumor is like a fart....it smells...then it goes away.

As the trade deadline nears, realize that all the teams in the NL East(including the Marlins), are trying to improve themselves. They all need some improvement(including the Marlins). The Marlins are in a position of strength in that the other teams needs are much greater than ours. I trust Beinfest will handle the situation well.