Fences at PETCO moving in?

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Rotoworld:

CEO Sandy Alderson said yesterday that he would consider moving the fences in at Petco Park.

Ryan Klesko, who has been one of the most vocal critics of the ballpark's dimensions, thinks it would be a good idea. ''If they're ever going to get hitters here as free agents, I think they know they have to move it in,'' Klesko said. ''But whether it takes five or 10 home runs away from me, I'm not really worried about it. We're more concerned with going to the playoffs. We'll deal with that when the time comes.'' Jul. 17 - 10:39 am et

Source: North County Times

I completely agree with Klesko. The dimensions are going to scare away potential big hitters scared of seeing their stats fall. Even if they move the fences in that would still be one of the better pitcher's parks in the league.

Rotoworld:

CEO Sandy Alderson said yesterday that he would consider moving the fences in at Petco Park.

Ryan Klesko, who has been one of the most vocal critics of the ballpark's dimensions, thinks it would be a good idea. ''If they're ever going to get hitters here as free agents, I think they know they have to move it in,'' Klesko said. ''But whether it takes five or 10 home runs away from me, I'm not really worried about it. We're more concerned with going to the playoffs. We'll deal with that when the time comes.'' Jul. 17 - 10:39 am et

Source: North County Times

I completely agree with Klesko. The dimensions are going to scare away potential big hitters scared of seeing their stats fall. Even if they move the fences in that would still be one of the better pitcher's parks in the league.

859607[/snapback]

Exactly right, it's that Southern California air. For instance, Dodgers Stadium actually has shorter than normal dimensions with not very tall fences, yet it's still a pitchers park because the ball just doesn't carry.