Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Bowl

Featured Replies

Yep, I'm going. It kinda sucks though, having to pay 85 bucks a pop to watch my team lose. We have 15 seats all together, so maybe we'll make a big poster or something.

 

Either way, my first bowl game and I am very excited :D

Meaningless bowl games are pretty boring IMO.

 

But I'm a spoiled college football fan, I went to many games growing up.

  • Author

My cousin goes to TCC (it's the feeder school of FSU), so he has season tickets (can't get student, obviously). He received priority over students, I beileve--so he got a block of about 15 tickets in the lower bowl.

 

Should be fun as hell.

Meaningless bowl games are pretty boring IMO.

 

But I'm a spoiled college football fan, I went to many games growing up.

 

So outside of one game, all the others are meaningless? Tell that to the players and many fans. BCS bowls mean something in my book as do other bigger non-BCS bowls.

Meaningless bowl games are pretty boring IMO.

 

But I'm a spoiled college football fan, I went to many games growing up.

 

So outside of one game, all the others are meaningless? Tell that to the players and many fans. BCS bowls mean something in my book as do other bigger non-BCS bowls.

 

$$$. That's the only thing that means anything to the athletic deparments and the schools, and you get that by making it to the bowl.

 

Bowls can help recruiting-wise, but I just don't see the big deal in winning, say, the Outback Bowl from a fan's perspective.

 

I'm sure the players find joy in winning bowl games.

 

That being said, I hope the Gators win their bowl. I'd be happy.

Meaningless bowl games are pretty boring IMO.

 

But I'm a spoiled college football fan, I went to many games growing up.

 

So outside of one game, all the others are meaningless? Tell that to the players and many fans. BCS bowls mean something in my book as do other bigger non-BCS bowls.

 

$$$. That's the only thing that means anything to the athletic deparments and the schools, and you get that by making it to the bowl.

 

Bowls can help recruiting-wise, but I just don't see the big deal in winning, say, the Outback Bowl.

If you dont think that Bowl wins play a role in how a coach is perceived, that is just plain foolish. If the bowls dont mean anything other then $$$, why do the players play hard in them? Why do fans come out in thousands to watch and cheer their team? Why do some bowls get big ratings?

 

Will you be rooting for the Gators in their bowl? I assume yes, so obviously it does mean something even to you (which would be contradicting your earlier point) or you wouldnt watch or root for Florida in their bowl game.

I said that all the schools and AD's care about is $$$, not the players on the field. And that is 100% correct.

 

From my experience coaches are perceived based on their regular season a million times more than if they won the insight.com bowl or the las vegas bowl.

 

And I'll be happy if UF wins. But even if they lose, after about a day I'll just be looking forward to next season. It really won't effect my outlook on things.

  • Author

I said that all the schools and AD's care about is $$$, not the players on the field. And that is 100% correct.

 

From my experience coaches are perceived based on their regular season a million times more than if they won the insight.com bowl or the las vegas bowl.

 

And I'll be happy if UF wins. But even if they lose, after about a day I'll just be looking forward to next season. It really won't effect my outlook on things.

 

 

No, that isn't an excuse. That is the essence of college football. With 4 year careers (and more less than that), teams can completely turn around the next season as if the previous one meant nothing. Your outlook on the Gators will be positive no matter what, because you know that in college football, there are new players every year that can improve the team.

ill be at the game..

 

had to buy tickets for this years game in order to get tickets for last years game through the OB committee

 

im excited, eventhough im a canes fan

 

go PSU

ill be at the game..

 

had to buy tickets for this years game in order to get tickets for last years game through the OB committee

 

im excited, eventhough im a canes fan

 

go PSU

 

 

Yeah baby, Go PSU!

 

All the Canes fans will be chearing against FSU.

 

Nice

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.