US News and World Reports

Guest Juanky

Did they rank the specific univeristies based on how they are in certain areas again this year? Like business, government, foreign languages, etc?

If anyone has them (and this breakdown exists), could you post the list of top Poli Sci programs, including the major Florida schools (UF, UM, FSU, FIU, UCF, USF, Nova)? I've been trying to access it online, but US News wants me to pay. f*** them.

I am not totally sure about this, but the discipline specific rankings are usually for graduate schools, no? They may have a ranking of business and engineering programs for undergrads, but I am not sure they have them for the other major discplines. I've never seen one for undergrads. And, if they do have any for undergrads, I would imagine they normally only rank the top ten in any given discipline. If that's the case, none of the Florida schools will be ranked in the top ten. I think UF and UM have the best reputation nationally, followed by Florida State. All the other ones are probably not ranked in the top 120.

Do they rank liberal arts programs?

I'd imagine if a graduate program relating to poli sci was ranked high, that the university is also strong in the undergraduate degree.

Do they rank liberal arts programs?

I'd imagine if a graduate program relating to poli sci was ranked high, that the university is also strong in the undergraduate degree.

Maybe. It depends on how much of a focus the university has on teaching undergrads. Some schools have excellent graduate programs but the faculty and staff don't give a shiat about the undergrads.